𝟏𝟎|𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂

        ― "IT'S BEEN SO LONG since we've talked." I laughed, nudging Frank with my elbow as we worked on some extra credit for Herbology. It was only us in the green house, and we were catching up on what we've missed. Frank has been hanging out with Alice and I've been spending time with my brother and his friends.

        He chuckled, "That is has, Laine. So, what's new with you?" He asked, elbowing me back and potting his project. I smiled, shrugging my shoulders.

        "Nothing much, just spending some more time with Remus and his lot. You?"

        He had a goofy smile on his face, "Alice and I are going really well, sorry we've been leaving you behind." I scoffed, shaking my head.

        "Don't be sorry, you're a new couple. I'm two year younger than you both, anyways. I expected it." I gave him a forgiving smile, continuing to take notes on the pH levels of the soil when the door opened.

        I looked up to find James in the doorway, glancing from me to Frank and then walking in our direction, "Hey, Celaine." He waved, smiling at me. I gave a shy smile back, moving to the sink to wash my hands.

        "Hey, Jamie." I replied, my eyes turned downwards. When we were in the same room, I got flustered. How could I not?

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂

        ― "HEY JAMIE." SHE GREETED, making me stop in my tracks. Jamie? I thought, That's new. I smiled at the nickname, shaking my head and moving to grab my bag (which I had left in here by accident), then sitting on an empty bench.

        Frank gave me a look, then quickly said goodbye to Laine before bolting. Does he know something he shouldn't?

        Celaine dried her hands before turning back to me, leaning against the sink, "What brings you here?"

        I laughed nervously, "I left my bag in here last period. What about you?" Her eyes lit up, and they immediately drifted to the freshly potted plants on the counter.

        "Extra credit. Wanna see?" Before I could answer, she leapt from her spot and over to the pots, "Frank and I are working with Puffapods. I'm sure you worked with them last year." She explained, going on about how the seeds bloomed automatically when it touched anything.

        She went on and on about the plant, but I wasn't listening. I was too focused on how excited she was. I smiled, holding my chin in my hand as I leaned across the counter to see what she was pointing out.

        She giggled, "I'm sure Frank won't mind if I just—" She gently tapped one of the pods on Frank's plant, making it bloom. I chuckled, shaking my head at her antics.

        "That's really cool, Laine." I smiled, taking in her appearance. She was dusted with dirt, a bit of it smudged on her cheek, "Oh, Celaine, you got—" I pointed on my face where the mud was, sighing as she tried wiping the other cheek, "I've got it."

        I leaned over the counter, holding her face in my hand and getting the dirt off with my thumb. I smirked as she blushed, immediately becoming flustered.

        "T-thanks." She stammered, hiding her face in her hair and continuing to pack up the supplies. Again, a sense of pride filled my chest and this time I knew why it happened. Remus said he had a plan, so I trusted him to get us together or at least help the process move along.

        "I was going to head to the Great Hall and grab a few things before heading to the library," I explained, "Did... Did you want to come with me?" She nodded quickly, a big smile on her face as she flung her bag over her shoulder. We spent the evening studying and chatting, attempting not to get caught by Madam Pince. The night was successful, and I was subject to loads of teasing from Remus. 

        But overall, it was worth it.

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂