𝟔|𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂

        ― I PACED THE MANY hallways Hogwarts had to offer, for once glad that the school was so big. After my revelation in Hogsmeade, I couldn't look Remus in the eye without feeling  guilty. What would he think about this? I thought, pulling a hand through my hair, Merlin, I messed up.

        I sighed and continued thinking, trudging down the halls. I had never thought this way when Lily was my priority. Sure, I felt some form of attraction, but with Celaine it felt so much more than that.

        I wasn't looking where I was going, startling myself when I bumped into something. I looked up to see a concerned Remus, quickly apologizing to him, "It's fine, James... Are you alright?" He asked, and I nodded my head. He gave me a look, seeming to know I was lying, and sat against a wall, patting the empty space beside him.

        I sighed and leaned against the wall, closing my eyes and trying to make sense of the turmoil in my head. Remus watched me intently, trying to figure out what was the matter by just looking at me. I groaned inwardly, praying he couldn't see straight through me. It seemed so obvious, like my thoughts were pouring out of my head in big bold letters;

        Look at me! I'm James Potter and I fancy Celaine Lupin!

        Remus coughed on air, gasping for breath, "What?!"

        I quickly clamped a hand over my mouth, cursing myself for my stupidity,

        "I said that out loud, didn't I?" I groaned, eyes wide as I watched for Remus' reaction. He was still catching his breath, about a million emotions making their way onto his face. Confusion, realization, anger, denial, acceptance, happiness. I didn't know how he felt, in all honesty.

        "Y-You like my sister..." He stammered, staring intently at the stone floor in front of him. I avoided eye contact and nodded slowly, gulping and twiddling my thumbs, "You actually fancy Celaine."

        "T-That's what I said..." I replied breathily, trying to keep composure. I was worried that I ruined the friendship for everyone, and I hated myself for being so dumb to say it outlaid and not in my head like I planned.

        "I-I don't know how I feel about this... You fancy Celaine, you're my best mate..." He whispered, holding his head in his hands and groaning, "Merlin, James, really?"

        I sighed, standing up, "I-I'll just go." I started walking when I felt a tug on my wrist, forcing me to turn around.

        "N-No," Remus stuttered, "It's... It's alright, James. I'm just surprised." I slowly nodded, sitting back down besides Remus, "Did... did you want to act upon it?"

        "What?'

        He sighed, "Did you want to act on your feelings for Celaine? I doubt she would say no to a date like Lily." I opened my mouth and closed it like a fish, unsure of what to say.

        "I don't know," I finally decided to speak, "I just realized I liked Celaine when we went to the flower shop with her." He nodded slowly, thinking it over.

        "I think we can do something, are you willing to let the boys and I help you?"

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂