𝟏𝟑|𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐉𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂

        ― "CELAINE LUPIN." I TURNED in the direction I heard my name, James standing right in front of me. His voice sounded amplified, for some reason. I raised a brow, about to ask him if he was okay when he started talking.

        "I'd like to make an announcement." He smirked, gaining everyone's attention. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the empty space left in the center of the mass of students, then went to stand on the ledge of the fountain.

        He cleared his throat, "Celaine," He started, a smile on his face as he looked at me. I gazed back at him, my attention soon turning to the group of band students with all their instruments ready to play. What was going on?

        "I used to hear a simple song," Someone started singing, and when I turned back, it was James! His voice was angelic, almost sounding fake. Everyone's eyes were on him, including mine.

        "That was, until you came along. Now in its place is something new. I hear it when I look at you." The pianist started playing, and my face flushed. Was he talking about me?

        The crowd awed, watching the encounter between us two. James smiled sheepishly at my flustered expression. I glared at him playfully, causing him to wink before he continued on with the band.

        "With simple songs I wanted more, perfection is so quick to bore." He winked at Lily, making her face go beet red in anger. I was even more confused, who was this for? Me or Lily? What was the point of this?

        "You are my beautiful, by far. Our flaws are really who we are." He turned back in my direction, that stupid grin never leaving his face. My heart was beating out of my chest, Is this really happening?

        The whole band was playing together, violin, piano, clarinet, flute, cello... They gradually got louder and louder, James taking a deep breath before creating the loveliest melody I've ever heard in my life, which is saying a lot, I listen to a lot of music.

        "I used to hear a simple song. That was, until you came along. You took my broken melody, and now, I hear a symphony." As he sang, he gestured me to come forward. I did slowly, and he took my hands in his, kneeling on the ground.

        "What in the name of Merlin are you doing, James?" I whispered, making him laugh.

        "And now I hear, a symphony." He finished softly, putting a hand into his pocket and producing a sheet of paper. He handed it to me gently.

        "Read it out loud, Laine." He murmured to me, smiling. I nodded, taking the note in my shaking hands.

        "'Dear Celaine,'" I read, my own timid voice now amplified so the crowd could hear, "'I remember the first time I saw you. It was the sorting ceremony, and you had zoned out when McGonagall called your name.'" I chuckled, recalling the memory, "'I was taken aback when I saw your face. You were gorgeous, and still are. I can't be grateful enough to have you spend time with all of us this year.'" I blushed a bright red, making him laugh. He still held one of my hands in his, down on one knee.

        "'And within this year, I've realized something I didn't notice before.'" I got nervous, what if this was a prank? I'd never live it down if it was.

        "'I love you, Celaine. It's always been you.'" My facial expression turned to one of embarrassment and worry to awe, "'Love, James.'"

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂