𝟓|𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐒

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂

        ― I LAUGHED AT THE joke Sirius had made, shaking my head at how cheesy it was.

        "Merlin, Sirius, that was awful." I scrunched my nose up in disgust, rolling my eyes when he faked a look of offense and placed a hand on his heart.

        "You wound me, Little Laine." He wiped a fake tear from his cheek, the nickname making me groan in protest.

        "I thought I told you not to call me that." I gave him a look, linking my arms with both Remus and Peter as we waltzed down a quiet street on our way to the flower shop I worked at. I would just complete a few jobs before heading back to the castle with the four boys.

        "Oh, Little Laine," James sighed, shaking his head, "When do we ever listen?"

        I snorted, "Apparently never," This caused Remus and Peter to laugh, and the other two boys to nod in defeat, "No wonder you're always in detention. You're ruining poor Remus! Mum and dad never stop complaining about how he's going to get expelled one day."

        Sirius gasped, "Oh my! We've corrupted him!"

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂

        ― WE HAD ARRIVED AT the dinky little store Celaine wanted us to stop at before we left. Following her in, our whole group almost took up the entire front half of the shop, "Winny!" She called, "Winny, it's Celaine! Where are you?" A crash was heard from the back of the shop, followed by a bunch of cursing.

        "Winifred?" Laine worried, quickly heading towards to curtain when a short, pudgy old woman came out from behind the doorframe.

        "I'm alright." She sighed, a little out of breath, "How are you, dear?" She asked, smiling and giving Celaine a side hug before tossing her a dirt-covered apron.

        "Just fine, Winny. And yourself?" She quickly tied the ribbon around her waist, brushing off small flecks of dirt. I watched the encounter, smiling ear to ear. Celaine was so adorable having a conversation with the shop owner. She was so kind, taking the time to help the poor woman with her plants.

        "Fine, fine." She assured, pinching her cheek and turning to the front of the shop.

        "My, my, Celaine. How many boyfriends do you have?" She whistled, looking at all of us. I could tell Remus was biting back a laugh, as Celaine stammered to try and explain.

        "So handsome, too! You've got yourself quite the bunch, dear."

        "Winny they aren't—"

        The woman sighed, "Celaine, stop being modest. I bet you're just embarrassed I'll call you some crude name. It's alright. Back in my day, I was in quite the scandal—"

        "Winny," Laine laughed, "That's my brother," She pointed to Remus, then gestured towards us, "And the rest of them are his friends."

        Winnifred blushed, stuttering as she realized her mistake, "Oh, silly me." She mumbled, rushing back to go behind the curtain, "Turn the soil, would you dear?" She called.

        "You've got it!"

        Once the old woman was gone and footsteps could be heard in the apartment above us, we burst into laughter.

        "Oh god," Sirius gasped, "That was the funniest thing I've ever seen." 

        Celaine laughed shyly, gesturing for us to look around as she started filling new pots with dirt to transfer plants and turn soil.

        "So, this is where my little sister works." Remus smiled, chatting with Laine as she dug into pots.

        I stood in the corner of the room, smiling as Celaine's eyes lit up while working with the plants. I've known that she was always an Herbology fanatic, but watching her do it was always so exhilarating. 

        She was so much more confident when gardening, and so full of life. Her eyes lit up whenever she was by a flower, and it made her all the more attractive.

        Attractive? I thought, I've never thought of her as attractive...

        I gulped as I remembered my first time seeing her, the first night of second year at the sorting ceremony. I definitely thought she was attractive then.

        What is wrong with me... I shook my head, my eyes suddenly bulging out of their sockets.

        I fancy Celaine Lupin.

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂