𝟑|𝐏𝐋𝐔𝐒 𝐎𝐍𝐄

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂

        ― THE BOYS AND I decided to spend our Friday afternoon by the Black Lake, trying to get the most out of the few nice days we had left, "Aw, c'mon Pads, give it back." Peter groaned, reaching for the chocolate frog Sirius had ripped out of his hands.

        "Come get it, Wormy." He cackled, standing up and holding the candy above his head. Peter grumbled profanities under his breath, cursing his height as he sat back down on the ground with a plop, accepting his fate of never being able to reach his last chocolate frog.

        "Thanks, Peter." Sirius said, faking happiness. He then shoved it in his mouth, making us all laugh at the look on Wormtail's face when he actually ate it.

        Remus and I were whooping and hollering as they started to wrestle, Peter surprisingly winning, when a certain blond Hufflepuff came into view behind them.

        "Get him, Wormy." She smiled, crinkling her nose in that cute way she did when she laughed. She clapped as Peter pinned Sirius to the ground, continuing to walk to her destination besides Remus.

        "Hey, Laine. What's up?" He asked, turning his eyes from the fight to his sister. As soon as I spotted Celaine, my eyes never left her. Her very essence captivated me the moment she was in my line of sight. I wondered why I took notice of the things like how her nose was when she laughed, knowing that I was never like that with Lily.

        "Hey, Remmy." She smiled, "I was just gonna ask if I could go to Hogsmeade with you this weekend? Frank and Alice are going together, and now that they're dating I always feel like I'm third-wheeling when it's just the two of them." She blushed, giving a sheepish smile to Remus. I continued to watch her, not noticing the other two boys had stopped fighting and were trying to control their laughter.

        "Of course, Celaine. You can come with us." She kissed Remus' cheek and stood up, doing a little happy dance and running off after waving goodbye to the rest of us.

        My eyes followed her as she ran away, and I only looked away when the boys burst into laughter.

        I turned to them, "What's so funny?"

        Peter was gasping for air, "Y-you had this l-look on your face when Celaine was over here," He chortled, clutching at the stitch in his side, "It looked like you were seeing another Lily."

        I scoffed, "There is only one Lily, and that Lily is my future wife." I retorted, leaning back on the grass and gazing at the sky. This caused the three of them to burst into another fit of laughter, making me roll my eyes.

        Sirius wiped at his tears, "Keep dreaming, lover boy." I groaned and stood up, shaking my head as I started walking back to the castle.

        "You guys are the worst friends ever." I complained, their giggles growing quieter the farther I went from the edge of the lake and the closer I got to Hogwarts. I found myself thinking back to when Celaine visited us for that brief moment, smiling at the happiness on her face when Remus approve her tagging along to Hogsmeade.

        What is wrong with me? I thought, shaking my head as if to rid the thoughts and feelings out of me. I groaned and walked into the stone building, playing with my wand in my hands and twirling it around. I didn't know why I was thinking about Celaine Lupin this way, and why I never thought about Lily that way. It confused me beyond measure.

        But, there was one thing I did know, and it was that I was extremely excited to go to Hogsmeade with Celaine. Why I felt that way, I didn't understand, but I would ignore it for now. To fill my time away from the nuisances I called friends, I decided to go bother my precious Lily Flower, and hopefully worm a yes out of her when I ask her to go with me to Hogsmeade.

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂