𝟕|𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂

        ― "THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY to legally become brothers, James, I'm not about to pass this up." My eyes grew wide at his statement, and I spluttered at the accusation.

        "I-I'm not thinking of marrying her, Remus—" I went to explain, but was interrupted by his contagious cackle.

        "I'm messing with you, Jamey Boy. Now, how are we going to get you two together?" My mouth opened and closed like a fish underwater, contemplating what to say. Should I accept the help? Throw out an idea? What was wrong with Remus and why was he so okay with this?

        He shook his head, "Never mind. I'll be right back," He patted my shoulder before getting up, "I'm going to go talk to Celaine and sneak her diary. I'm sure we'll find something to get you guys together in there." I smiled in amazement as Remus walked off, a slight skip in his step at this revelation.

        "Merlin," I whispered to myself, chuckling slightly, "I fancy Remus' sister and he's trying to help us get together." Whistling at the chances he would be so accepting, I got up and made my way back to the Common Room, only to run into the lady of the hour.

        "Oh, sorry James. I wasn't looking where I was going." She smiled apologetically, making my knees week unknowingly. I stared at her for a moment, taking in her features before I shook my head slightly.

        "No... no. It's alright, Celaine. My fault." I grinned, my lips slightly quivering out of nerves. She frowned slightly, lifting the back of her hand to my forehead.

        "Are you alright, James?" She asked, "You're acting strange." She pulled her hand from my face, a slight blush creeping up on my cheeks.

        "Y-Yeah," I stuttered, "I've got to get going, meeting the boys." I let out an unconvincing laugh, "See you around!"

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂

        ― I SIGHED SADLY AS my eyes followed James' back, his figure growing small before disappearing completely around a corner. I bit my lip as I cursed myself for scaring him off, shaking my head and making my way down the hallway once more.

        I was headed towards the Greenhouse to get my mind off of things, things being James Potter. Ever since he first introduced himself to me, I've had quite the affection for him. Now that we've been spending more time together, the affection grew into something much greater.

        I knew it was unrequited, and that I was the only one who felt this way, but I allowed myself to feel the feelings and try and get over him. I've gone on one or two dates, but never went on a second. I just couldn't ignore how gorgeous he was as a person.

        Lily Evans had it all, I thought, She's pretty and smart, and she has James wrapped around her finger. I groaned, shaking my head and continuing on my way to the Greenhouse. I was surprised to find Frank and Alice potting plants in there, knowing that they spent their alone time together at the Black Lake more often than not.

        "Oh, hey Laine!" Alice waved me over to them, and I smiled before obeying. Frank gestured for me to help him out, and I helped pull the roots of a begonia from the dirt to re-pot it.

        "You look like you've got something on your mind," He stated, sending me a look, "What's the issue?"

        I groaned, avoiding eye contact with the two of them, "James Potter." Alice sighed dreamily and rested her hands on my shoulders, shaking me slightly.

        "He totally has the hots for you, Celaine. You're just daft." She giggled, pinching my cheek. I giggled and shook my head in disagreement, pushing her away and getting dirt all over her arms.

        "No, he doesn't. He loves his precious Lily Flower." I smiled sadly at her before continuing to help Frank take care of the yellow flower.

        "Just wait, Laine," He sighed, "You'll realize soon that it isn't unrequited."

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂