003. it looks... edible

"Dad

"Dad.. you don't need to do this." Malia managed to say, as she looked into the eyes of the Seelie she'd fallen for, with fear.

Asmodeus put his hand on Malia's shoulder, "Love makes you weak. Avery will only hold you back. While you are involved with this fae, you will never reach your full potential." He said, before glaring at the fae boy. "And besides. You trespassed into our home. You deserve death." He said coldly to Avery, as his eyes widened in fear.

Malia shook her head, before she stood in between Avery and Asmodeus. "I let him inside.. he didn't trespass— we just wanted to be together. I... I won't let you hurt him!" Malia insisted, glaring at her father.

Asmodeus glared deeply, "If you don't take his life, I will, and you know I will make it a very slow, cruel death."

Avery was just another lost soul, sent to hell. Malia had never expected to fall in love with him, she only wanted a friend.. but now.. she couldn't imagine being apart from him. He was everything to her.

Asmodeus saw this as weakness, and was looking for any excuse to destroy the boy. Finding Avery in his daughters bed, was enough reason for him to be sentenced to death, in the demon's eyes.

Malia's eyes filled with tears, before she faced Avery. She knew he would no longer be safe.. if she let him escape, her father would go to the ends of hell to find and kill him, in the most painful way possible.

The Bane stepped forward, softly pressing her lips against Avery's. He kissed back, a little confused, before magic soared through his body, from their lips. He froze up, feeling the air in his lungs suddenly disappear, and he eventually died.

Malia pulled away, holding the fae in her arms, as tears rolled down her cheeks. "I'm so sorry, Ave." She said, in almost a whisper.

Asmodeus looked at the dead Seelie in his daughter's arms. "My sweet girl, I always knew you were the strong one."

"Malia?"

Malia blinked in surprise, facing Isabelle, who was standing on the other side of the glass. "How... long have you been standing there?" The warlock asked. "Not long.. you seemed like you were off in your own world." Isabelle joked. Malia didn't laugh, instead her face dropped, as she thought about Avery again, and how she'd ended his life.

"Are you okay?" Isabelle asked. Malia didn't meet the Lightwood's eyes, as she shook her head. "I... I don't know the difference between right and wrong." She confessed. "Magnus.. thinks I can be good... but I don't even know what that is anymore." Malia confessed.