010. what happens in vegas...

Las Vegas wasn't exactly where Malia planned to be today, but that was where she ended up

Waltzing through a casino, waiting to find out about her winnings, she felt an arm suddenly grab her. She spun around, facing Magnus.

"Magnus?" Malia blurted, "Hey." Magnus said softly, before a figure appeared from behind Magnus, waving. It was Isabelle. "Hey Malia!"

"What are you guys doing here?" Malia asked, as she walked with the pair, the trio heading to the bar. "You disappeared suddenly, yesterday.. I wanted to see you. You never finished telling me about Clary." Magnus said, causing Malia to smirk, "So you were listening?" She teased.

"And.. I thought you could use a friend." Magnus added, referring to Isabelle. Malia smiled, "Thank you for not bringing me the other Lightwood sister." She said, dramatically. Isabelle rolled her eyes playfully.

"So.. cocktails?" Magnus asked, as Malia and Isabelle gave a nod, ignoring the fact that it was only just past midday. The older Bane turned away to order.

"So what is going on with you and Clary?" Isabelle asked, with a smirk. Malia thought about it, she did like Clary.. but she couldn't let the Fray suffer the same fate as Avery. She couldn't love her.

Malia swallowed thickly, before she eyed Isabelle. "Nothing is going on between me and Clary." The Bane said, a sternness in her voice.

Magnus returned, with cocktails and gave one each to the girls. "Thanks, Mags." Malia answered. "Thanks Magnus." Isabelle chirped.

"Out of all of the places in the world to visit.. what made you want to choose a casino?" Magnus asked his younger sister, curiously. "I enjoy watching the light leave people's eyes when they realise that they've lost everything over a stupid game." She shrugged darkly, before she added, "Plus I made a few bets." Both Magnus and Isabelle seemed surprised by both of her answers.

Magnus opened his mouth to say something, but sighed as his phone buzzed. Checking it, he realised he had to go. "I'll see you guys later. Izzy, take care of my sister." Magnus said as Malia raised an eyebrow at Magnus, "I don't need to be baby-sat." She huffed. Isabelle just laughed, "Roger that." She said to Magnus, before he disappeared through a portal.

The Lightwood then faced Malia, "Hey.. Do you want to come back with me to the Institute? Clary hasn't been doing so well.. Madi and Alec haven't made it easy for her. I think she could use her.. special friend." Isabelle smirked. Malia frowned, "Never call us special friends again." She huffed, "But yeah.. maybe that would be nice." The Bane decided, reminding herself that she could be friends with Clary, but had to be careful not to become more. "But we have to come back for my winnings, later."