013. mentally unstable

Malia sat outside on the balcony, looking over at the view of the city

Malia sat outside on the balcony, looking over at the view of the city. She seemed lost in her thoughts, so much that she didn't even hear Magnus step outside.

"Good morning."

Malia's head spun around, as she faced her older brother, "Morning, Magnus." She replied, as the older warlock took a seat beside her. Magnus clicked his fingers, making two takeaway cups of cappuccinos appear in his hands, before he offered one to Malia. "Thanks." She said, taking it.

"How are you feeling?" Magnus asked. Malia shrugged, "I'm feeling a lot better." She admitted. "I still can't portal just yet, but hopefully with another treatment I can." The Bane declared. Magnus nodded, "I'll whip you up another potion this morning." He decided, as Malia smiled in response.

"Are you okay? Other than that?" The older Bane asked. Malia sighed, "Losing my magic.. had never made me feel so.. useless." She confessed, before she made eye contact with her brother again. "I followed Clary through the portal to save her, but I just ended up becoming a liability to her.. a burden."

Magnus' expression softened, "That isn't your fault, you became one of Valentine's experiments, and completely against your will, too." He explained. "But then I also became a problem for you.. your boyfriend was dying, and you stopped everything to save me." Malia insisted.

Magnus shook his head, "There was nothing more I could have done for Alec until Jace arrived... and Malia, you are the most important person in my life. I will do anything I can to help you."

Malia looked away, feeling tears sting her eyes. "I'm sorry.. for everything." She said quietly, as the ground began to shake. Magnus, alarmed, got to his feet, "What do you mean?" He asked, wanting to calm her down. "I went from being your perfect little sister to some.. absolute problem." Malia rambled on, as the ground began to shake more violently.

"Hey.. hey.." Magnus reached out, as he placed his hands on Malia's shoulders. She made eye contact with her brother, and broke out of her trance.. with that, the ground stopped shaking.

"I'm just a problem.. to everyone." Malia finally spoke. Magnus shook his head, "You're not. I promise you." He said, before he stepped forward and embraced Malia. The younger warlock hugged back, staying silent.

☠︎︎

Hours later

Malia's shoulders sink, as she faces a large door that says, "Brooklyn Therapy Practice" in large letters. The Bane faced Isabelle, "I thought you said we were going out for pizza.." She mumbled. The Lightwood nodded, "We are, after you have your first therapy session." She chirped.