025. bound by blood

Malia grumbled loudly, as she flopped onto the couch

Malia grumbled loudly, as she flopped onto the couch. "Big night?" Alec joked, as he walked past the younger Bane. "Shut up." Malia huffed, trying to sit up. She waved her hand around, as a glass of water appeared.

She took a long sip of the cold water before she noticed Alec heading towards the balcony. "Can you... close the curtains? The sun is too loud." The Bane grumbled. Alec tried not to laugh, as he nodded and closed the curtains.

With that, the Bane girl closed her eyes and tried to fall asleep, hoping by some miracle she would wake up hangover free.

☠︎︎

Malia's eyes shot open, as Clary and Jace rushed into the apartment. Magnus and Alec, who had been standing nearby, sighed as Magnus rolls his eyes when he saw it was them. "Don't you people have phones?" He asked.

"We need your help." Jace insisted, causing Malia to sit up now. Clary held out her hand, as Magnus examined it. The Fray's hand was black and itchy, and it seemed to keep spreading.

"Oh my god." Malia blurted, getting to her feet as she approached the group. Magnus tried using his magic on Clary's hand, but nothing seemed to work.

"La Chair Brûlée." Magnus suddenly said as Clary piped up, "I'm guessing that's not a dessert." Malia stifled a giggle, "No, love." She replied. "It means the burnt flesh. It's an old blood oath spell." Magnus explained.

Alec's eyes widened in realisation, "Then it must be Iris. She said you owed her a favor." Clary frowned, "At Max's party, she said I have to find Madzie." Sha admitted.

"Then we better start looking." Malia decided, crossing her arms. "We?" Clary asked, as Malia nodded, "Yeah... I am coming."

"I can get rid of the pain, but that's about it. I'm afraid once the magic reaches your heart..." Magnus trailed off, not even wanting to finish his sentence. Malia's eyes widened, "No." She blurted, noticing Clary's face fall, "So if I don't find Madzie... I'm dead."

"No... no. Magnus, there has to be a cure." Jace insisted as he stood up. "There has to be something we can do to stop this."

"Can't we force Iris to undo it?" Alec asked, as Malia pointed to the Shadowhunter in agreeance. "I wish it were that easy. But blood oath spells are completely binding. Even Iris herself can't reverse it now." Magnus explained, before he sighed.

Malia looked to Clary with sympathy, noticing how scared the Fray looked. "We'll find her, Clary." The Bane reassured her.

☠︎︎