018. the banechild messenger

"Thank you for taking me to my appointment

"Thank you for taking me to my appointment." Malia said, before she sunk into a chair across from Isabelle. The Lightwood gave her a smile, "Of course!" She chirped.

A waitress walked over to take their order, Isabelle ordered a large pepperoni pizza for the girls to share. "I'll have a large glass of cola too, thanks." Malia said. Isabelle just grinned, "You're gonna have a sugar high.. I feel like that would be quite amusing." She added. Malia rolled her eyes playfully.

"So what are you doing today?" Malia asked, her eyes on Isabelle. "I'm hoping to go to the adamant citadel to see the Iron sisters! Clary might be coming along too." Isabelle explained. Malia nodded, "That sounds cool." She replied.

The warlock hadn't really been interested in the Iron sisters, after all she wouldn't be able to go and see the citadel whilst demon blood ran in her veins.

"Pepperoni pizza." The waitress said, placing a large plate down between the girls, before giving each of them a share plate. "And a large cola." She added, placing the large glass by Malia. "Thank you." The two girls said in unison.

"Are you up to much today?" Isabelle asked. Malia shrugged, "I don't know. Magnus invited me to go out with him and Alec, but I don't want to third wheel." She laughed. Isabelle shrugged, "I don't know... I feel like that would be funny." She admitted.

The girls ate their pizza, and split the bill before leaving. They walked along the river, slowly heading back to the Institute.

"Can I ask you something?" Malia suddenly asked, as it had been silent. "Hm? Of course." Isabelle answered. "Eleanor.. my therapist.. she set me a task this week.. to ask those I'm close to, what things they value about me." Malia explained, "So can I ask you?"

Isabelle nodded, "Well.. I value your loyalty. In such a short time you've shown to be quite loyal towards Magnus, Clary and myself." She began. "It feels like you have my back.. and I really appreciate it." The Lightwood smiled. Malia smiled back, unsure about what to say in response. "And for the record. I have your back too." She chirped.

"You... mean that?" Malia asked, surprised. She hadn't heard such a thing in.... hold up— she didn't remember the last time she'd ever heard those words from anyone. "Of course I do." Isabelle declared, before she linked her arm through Malia's.

"You know.. I never expected to become best friends with the Princess of Hell." Isabelle confessed before she grinned, "But here we are." Malia laughed in response.

Best friends...

Isabelle was Malia's best friend.