007. morning star

"Ready to sign?" Camille asked a few minutes later, walking up to Simon with the Writ in her hand

"Ready to sign?" Camille asked a few minutes later, walking up to Simon with the Writ in her hand. "Take us to the apartment, give us the book, then you can have your pardon." Simon ordered. Camille looked at Clary, Madi and Alec, annoyed before she sarcastically smiled. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

"Good."

☠︎︎

Camille lead Magnus, Malia, Alec, Izzy, Madi, Clary and Simon into her apartment as Simon whispered to Clary, "I thought the underground parking was nice."

They entered the study as Alec blurted, "Wow. You've got a lot of books." Camille just shrugged, "I've got a lot of time on my hands."

Simon and Clary started checking out books one by one, whilst Malia was flinging them out of the shelves with her magic and checking the titles before letting the books all drop to the floor. "Oops." The Bane said sarcastically, feeling Camille's eyes on her.

"This place creeps me out." Izzy spoke up. "Yeah. Let's check the perimeter." Alec suggested, looking to Izzy, Madi and then Magnus. "Good idea. If I know Camille, she'll have a trick or three up her sleeve." Magnus confessed.

With that, Madi, Izzy, Alec, and Magnus leave.

"I still don't get it. Why do you have this place if you live at Hotel DuMort?" Clary asked Camille. "The DuMort has too many rules. Think of it like Gracie Mansion. It's the official residence, but it doesn't mean I have to live there. This place gives me the freedom to indulge in certain... proclivities." Camille declared as she grabbed a feather to write with from her desk and went to Simon.

"You know, the mayor has the same problem." Simon piped up before Camille pricked Simon to get his blood.

"Ow! Hey!"

"Come with me." Camille insisted, as they go over to the desk and Camille has grabbed the Writ. "On the dotted line." Simon took the feather from Camille, and then looked at Clary and Malia. He then signed it.

Once taking the Writ, Camille gave it to her butler. "Thank you." She said.

"He did what you asked. Now give us the Book of the White." Malia ordered, taking a step towards Camille. "I'd love to... but I can't. I have no idea where it is." The vampire insisted. "Dot gave it to you!" Clary growled. "I'm sure it's here somewhere. But if the idea was to hide it, telling me would defeat the purpose. Dot must have put it somewhere when I wasn't looking." Camille shrugged.

"So we have to search the whole apartment?" Clary asked. "See? That's the spirit. Although, I'd start now. I've got four more rooms just like this one." Camille said before she left the room.