021. how are thou fallen

After spending some time with Magnus, Isabelle and Malia joined Simon at the bar, as the vampire seemed surprised to see them

After spending some time with Magnus, Isabelle and Malia joined Simon at the bar, as the vampire seemed surprised to see them. "Long time no see." Malia piped up, before she took a sip from her longneck cider.

Simon seemed surprised by this, as he wasn't really close with Malia at all, they were acquaintances that were crushing hard on the same girl. "Yeah.. it's been a while." The Lewis finally chuckled.

"You staying out of trouble?" Isabelle asked. "Well, I haven't been kidnapped in a while, so..." Simon trailed off, as Malia let out an amused laugh. "Quite an accomplishment." Isabelle decided as Simon responded, "Yeah."

Isabelle looked over at Maia before she glanced back at Simon. "She's cute." She observed as Simon turned around quickly, and took a look at Maia behind the bar. Malia's eyes followed Simon's and she slightly smirked upon seeing Maia, "She is cute." She confessed, with a smirk. Simon turned back to Izzy and Malia, "Um, yeah." He awkwardly responded.

"There's nothing wrong with it. Go get her, tiger." Malia teased, as Simon laughed nervously, "Right. I'm just a little anxious." He said, as the warlock nodded, about to suggest he had some alcohol to calm the nerves, but it seemed that Isabelle had an idea.

"You know what's great for anxiety?" The Lightwood asked. "Aromatherapy. I read about it online." Simon suddenly blurted, as Malia laughed, "I like this kid." She noted, finding him quite amusing. "Shadowhunter blood." Isabelle ignored Malia's comment and answered Simon, shocking both Malia and Simon.

"Excuse me?" The vampire suddenly asked. Malia just blinked in surprise, still processing this. "One quick bite... Bye-bye anxiety." Isabelle explained as Malia piped up, "You mean like... have Simon bite you?" She asked before Simon added, "With my fangs?"

There was an uncomfortable silence between the trio for a moment, before Isabelle started laughing. "The look on your faces!" She teased, as Simon and Malia's shoulders sunk in relief, though with the recent events regarding Rufus, the Bane girl was beginning to worry. "Oh. Yeah, I bet... I bet that was a good one." Simon chuckled, though it was still quite awkward.

Malia suddenly slid off of the stool, before she awkwardly grabbed Isabelle's hand, surprising the both of them. "Simon, we'll be right back." The Bane said, before she practically dragged Isabelle away, somewhere a little more private.

"Malia? What is this about?" Isabelle asked, trying to hide any sort of anxiety in her voice. Now away from Simon, Malia let go of Isabelle's hand and faced the Shadowhunter. "Are you sure you're okay?" She asked. Isabelle frowned, confusedly, "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" She replied. "You're just.. acting weird." Malia confessed as Izzy sighed, "Malia, if something was wrong, I would tell you."