Chapter 7 insanity

I walked outside it felt good to give myself a good stretch. Although there was some things I still had to pay attention to. People who had become addicted to Xenic have become mentally insane and will attack anything. They don't know who they are or where they are extremely violent for no reason. After walking a few yards so I was just a few metres off of the outskirts of the city I decided to check out that underground plan that I found from the spy . "No no longer" I snapped my head round to where the sound was coming from.

A person thin and pale was crawling around on the floor looking for...something. Their nails long and their head bald except for the little tufts of hair sticking out of their head. "Le-leave the darkness no- no it comes closer!" They whimpered holding their hands to their head. I stepped slowly towards it unfortunately I stepped on a twig making it snap...crap. Their head snapped up at the sound and slowly they turned their head around to face me.

A normal person would scream and run fast and run far. It looked horrific, white eyes stared at me jagged teeth in a gawping expression its mouth slit making its mput open wider than it should blood seeping from the wounds inflicted. A frown on it's face trying to figure out whether I was friend of foe. Hell I didn't want to be it's friend. It creeped towards me a couple centimetres before standing up fully screeching, before running towards me. Before it could reach to claw my face I kicked it straight in the face cutting it's scream short. "Suffering flesh" it whispered before running towards me again "you never give up do you?" I asked forcing a gun to appear. Holding the gun in my hands I pulled the trigger and fired.

It was knocked back a few metres yet that still didn't stop it. "What the hell is wrong with you die already!" I huffed shooting it again. I guess it was sick to say I smiled when blood trickled down its head I hated those things they were called Crawlers similar to zombies. Their minds already deteriorated due to the overdose of Xenic. I guess five years ago I was so close to that before escaping. But those things always reminded me of the test subjects slowly becoming insane...I was too I started seeing things before knowing that my next dose would be the end of me.

I shuddered reliving the experience from my mind as the Crawler came back its mouth opening as wide as it could go letting me see the gory entailes from where it had been previously attacked. These things couldn't be killed Xenic made that possible for them to be immortal as long as they had a brain...meaning chop off or shoot. Suddenly the Crawler opened up its eyes wide "liquid! Friend!" It shouted limping backwards "brother, sister and family! Come! No pain!" Was the only words it said until it called its 'family' together "great a whole horde" I muttered rolling my eyes. Until I saw something that made this situation I was in make sense.

"Ladies and gentlemen welcome, welcome to Surviving the Crawlers! Today's unfortunate contestant...let's hear it fooooor Jess!" A male host voice echoed from the flying camera. "Brilliant" I hissed under my breath another sick game produced by the city to entertain it's people killing rebels by, you guessed it Crawlers. A roar of cheers came out "So Jess unlucky for you you have received the ultimate capital punishment....most rebels suffer from just a few...but you...you are special one of a kind! The leader of this fair city believes that you need a whole horde of these to take you down." The voice said pleasantly I could sense the evil smile of the owner of this voice.

Soon enough flickering of lights started and I found myself in complete darkness. Until my vision came into view soon I saw an arena. "Teleportation? Really?" I asked around me walking in circles. Whilst the Crawlers sat there awaiting a command. "Oh we all know you'll run away" the voice came out again and so did the owner. His name Frank Coletine a game show host of this game.

He wore a glittery suit and holographic squares all around him to add to the effect. The hair of bright blue that was spiked. Glitter foundation was all on his face and with the click of his fingers the audience came into view. "You make me sick" I spat through gritted teeth my hands balling into fists. All he did was chuckle "and you make us ashamed!" He said as the audience burst into laughter. I shifted my gaze to the Crawlers. "You want me to fight them?" I asked giving a humourless laugh "what makes you think I'll do that?" I said looking back up at this disgusting man. He laughed before his face turning serious only for me...it was a first for him to frown on camera. "Because you haven't got much of a choice" he said his voice rid of any emotion.

"So let it begin...in 3" the crowd started to count with him "2" I suddenly felt sick killing these things will most definitely be gory "1" and I knew that it wasn't just the Crawlers who were insane it was the people too.

"Go!" Frank shouted a grin forming on his face as the Crawlers scrambled to me. "Bring. It. On"