Chapter 8 Trapped

The first Crawler came in screeching never had I heard such a worse sound than that. It clawed at me but I dodged every move and shot it directly in the gut before forming a sword in my hand. "Oh already she has formed a sword will it be useful? I doubt it! These Crawlers aren't any ordinary Crawlers these are trained by the army" this was a hint to me it gave me an advantage. Meaning they was used to working as a horde but if singled out it would mean their easier to kill.

I swiftly chopped the head off one of the crawlers making all of them hold their heads screaming. "One killed out of 50? Oh this is not looking good for Jess!" As the crowd made a boo. Frank's running commentary was really irritating so I tried to ignore it but every Crawler I killed the crowd would boo and he would insult me and send more Crawlers in. I gritted my teeth just seeing red I was really pissed. Livid even and if this carried on I was really going to lose it. "She looks tired out already! Will she end her life? Jess can't protect anybody no one loves her no one cares about her only if they gain something off it. Even then when they don't need her she follows them around like a lost puppy!"

He started to laugh "she's pathetic really hates to look weaker than she already is and that scene from five years ago? Psh that was the best move she could do and we all know her skill exceeds her." That was the final staw everything started to slow down as I suddenly felt myself screaming as the audience laughed and cheered as the Crawlers ripped me to pieces, but I still fought on. Running at full speed I killed every Crawler with a final blow but more came. Soon as all of them surrounded me I felt myself shielding myself until I looked up to see my final sight and saw...him.

Suddenly I felt every part of me seethe with rage...he did this to me. Soon my body felt like it was pulsating with a force I didn't even know of and standing up slowly the whole world at a standstill I saw a blue light targeting each weak spot letting out one final scream I let everything out. A huge sweep of a blue light shifted around me taking out every Crawler in sight. Soon I felt myself fly upwards staring down at the few Crawlers standing and staring up.

And I swore I didn't recognise my voice. "You did this to me" I said glaring at the man who caused it all "but I won't let you stop me" I seethed snipering all the Crawlers down until one remained. I soon crashed down landing on both feet taking out the Crawler writhing under me with a holographic gun. One last yelp escaped from it until it came motionless under me.

Looking at myself I saw on my back was blue holographic wings. And my hair once a mousey brunette was now a blue. Dark from the bottom getting lighter to the top. I glared at Frank "you wanted to see my true power?" I pointed to myself a playful smile on my face "here it is" was all I said before hitting him with a blue orb of light. Then I looked to the man who ruined it all he stared back before speaking "get in my city again..." his voice was deep and emotionless "and this will be the least of your worries." After he said this he walked out darkness engulfing him. And as everything around me faded the blue light the wings the hair...I looked around me. Everyone had ran away and the Crawlers lay demolished at my feet. All I asked myself was..."I can do this?"

The lights dimmed and soon I found myself back in the woods blood covering my body my own and the Crawlers.  And I saw a familiar shape come into view they never usually came out of hiding neither were they from my group as far as I could tell...