☆ Part 1 ☆

The doorbell rang at the same time that Pierre and I had finished everything in the kitchen and set the table. "That must be Charles. Can you open the door?" Pierre asked me and I nodded to him. I felt myself getting a little nervous as I walked through my brother's house to open the door for his friend. When I opened it, I tried to act cool and not show my nervousness. "Hey, Camille." Charles said casually. I greeted him and made room for him to enter the house. My stupid self couldn't help but look at his messy dark hair, beautiful eyes, little bit of a beard and good body. Without him noticing, I shook my head and spoke to myself in my head. I just had to get over him, he is my brother's best friend and usually ignores me. He doesn't like me so I really had to stop. My crush on him was starting to get out of proportion. I liked him for several years now, it started when we were both teenagers. I thought it would be just a phase, but the crush was still there... The fact that Charles didn't give me any hope that he felt the same way about me kept me from dreaming. "Pierre is in the kitchen." I said to Charles as I walked ahead of him to the kitchen. "Hey, mate." Pierre said when he saw him and they hugged each other. "It smells wonderful in here." Charles said, stooping to look into the oven. "Pasta, really?"
"Of course." Pierre replied with a smile and I smiled too. "Camille and I made lasagna to make us incredibly fast this weekend." He explained and that made Charles laugh. "Hopefully it works, thanks Cam." He always called me Cam, mostly to make me feel young, because I was Pierre's little sister. "Shut up Char, I'm only a few months younger than you and you know that." I knew he hated it when I called him Char. Before he could start a discussion or something, I opened the oven because the lasagna was ready. A few minutes later, the three of us sat at the table. Pierre and Charles talked about the upcoming weekend. They would fly to Italy in two days for the Grand Prix at the Monza circuit. I have always loved that circuit and I would therefore join them to support Pierre. They were both very excited. Charles only because of the race week, not because I was coming with them. He was used to it, of course, since Pierre and I are very close, but it was nothing extra to him. I always pretend I don't care that he feels that way and to be honest that was the truth too. Nothing will ever be or happen between us, so I stopped hoping. "What shall we do?" Pierre asked when we had all finished eating and he shook me out of my mind with it. "How about getting to know the Monza track better on the PlayStation?" Charles answered and then they both looked at me. 'Yeahh, fine, but you know my talent. I'm going to beat you easily." I joked. I had no talent for gaming at all and they knew it. After a lot of practice I finally managed not to hit a wall right away in one of the first corners, but I was far from fast. "We shall see." My brother smiled at me and got up to take our plates to the kitchen. Charles and I got up too. "I'll clean this up." I offered. "Go ahead and start gaming already." I said to the two boys and they thanked me. When I was alone in the kitchen I grabbed my phone and opened the Messenger app. A few weeks ago I anonymously started talking to someone online. He didn't know who I was and that was nice. It felt good to finally have the chance to really get to know someone. I was always 'Pierre's little sister' and I was never sure if it was about me or my brother when people wanted to be friends. It was different with him, because he did not know that my brother is the famous Pierre Gasly. On the other hand, I don't know who he is either, but I can live with that. A little disappointed I put my phone down on the counter when I saw that no new messages had arrived from him. I quickly bent over to cleaning the dishes, glasses and cutlery. In ten minutes I was done and put everything back in the cupboards and drawers. As I walked into the living room, I heard Pierre and Charles yelling at the screen. I sat down on the couch next to them. They fought for victory on the last lap of the short race. In the last corner Pierre was overtaken by Charles and Charles won the race. Pierre smiled and slapped his friend on the shoulder. "Well done, mate." He said. I also smiled automatically when I heard my brother's typical laugh. It felt so good to see him like this, I've seen him in other, worse, states. Whenever I see Christian Horner or Helmut Marco in the paddock when I'm with Pierre to a race, would I like to hit them or something. They used my brother like he was trash and worth nothing. It hurt so much to see him so down in his last stint at Redbull. I know he's my brother so people will say this is biased, but he deserves so much more. He also has so much more talent and he can do so much more than he has been able to show so far, I'm sure about this. In the same way that I was sure that his time will come, better times for him will come. After some gaming and watching a movie, we were all tired. Pierre and Charles really needed all the energy they could get for the upcoming weekend. That's why we decided to go to bed. Charles and I planned to just drive home at first, but Pierre wouldn't let us do that. "Come on, it's dark outside and it's almost midnight. Did you really think I would let you two drive now? You can stay here, there is one guest bedroom and we can put a mattress in the empty room next door." He said and we both agreed. "You can take the guest room." Charles said without even looking at me. I nodded, but quickly thanked him when I realized he couldn't see my nod because he wasn't paying me any attention. I said goodnight to the boys and disappeared into the guest room.