☆ Part 12 ☆

The kitchen of the AlphaTauri motorhome was empty. I knew that there wouldn't be anyone, but they will be back soon for dinner tonight. I sat down on the cold tile floor with my back against the wall. My eyes were closed, but the tears still streamed down my face. Now that I was alone in the dark room I could let the pain sink in. I just couldn't believe what had happened... We should have told Pierre about our relationship, but I had never expected that he would get mad like this. He isn't that type of person that gets angry easily. And that he screamed at me over the boardradio...

My thoughts got interrupted as my phone started ringing. I picked up the phone and looked at the screen. It was Elena, the girlfriend of Esteban Ocon and a friend of mine. With a sigh I answered the call.
"Hey." I said softly, trying not to show off how broken I felt. "Hey girl, it's me. Where are you? Well, I heard what Pierre said over the boardradio and it doesn't matter if you don't want to, I will come to you." Elena said over the phone. Even though the stupid situation I smilled a little. She is such a sweetheart.

"I'm fine, thanks. Just stay with Esteban. He has to drive Q3 in a few minutes and you're here to support him."
"He can drive without me too and he knows that I support him, no matter what. And you're not okay. Please, where are you?"
"AlphaTauri motorhome, in the kitchen."
"Okay wow, it's really bad, right? Give me a few minutes!"
"How do you want to come into the motorhome?" I asked.
"I'll find a way." Was her answer and she ended the call.

I leaned back so that my head rested against the wall. Even though I wanted to be alone it felt good that Elena was on her way. Sometimes you just need real friends who you can lean on when everything gets too much.

A few minutes later the door of the kitchen opened and Elena walked in. "Hey, sweetheart." She said and she walked towards me. As she saw the tears on my face and my red eyes she sat down next to me. "Please, tell me everything that happened. Pierre will never just scream at you and you look pretty broken." I slowly shook my head. It felt wrong to tell Elena while I had hid everything for my brother for so long. Elena wrapped her arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer, so that I laid with my head on her shoulder. "I'm here, just tell me what happened." I took a deep breath and started talking.

I told her that I have been in love with Charles for years, but that we both thought that we hated each other. I told her about the online chat with 'Marc' who turned out to be Charles. Our fight, but also the vacation to Dubai. After that I told her about our relationship, how in love we both are. I told her about how complicated it was, as Charles is Pierre's best friend and I'm his sister. We decided to not tell him yet, but that took longer and longer, till today... I finished my story with what happened today.

Elena wrapped her arms tighter around me and pressed a kiss on the top of my head. I cried her shirt wet till there were no tears left. "Maybe this isn't the best moment, but I have always thought that you two would be amazingly cute together." She said and I laughed through my tears. "Well, maybe we are, but it didn't turn out fantastic." I sat up again and looked at Elena. "What do I have to do? What should you do?"
"It's a complicated situation indeed..." She started. "Is this because of us? Maybe we aren't meant to be together." I softly said. "Hey look at me!" Elena turned to me and looked me in the eyes. "This doesn't mean that your love isn't good or that you two shouldn't be together. Love is love and Pierre will see that too. It wasn't an amazing decision to not tell him, but I understand it too. It's just a very complicated situation." I sighed and looked up at the ceiling. "I wish everything was just okay..."

"Did you ever look at someone and wonder how they see the world? Try to do that with your brother. How is this situation for him? How would he feel? What would you do if you were him?" Elena picked up my hand and I thought about her question. "He is probably hurted... I kept a secret from him while we are so close. If I were him I would be hurt too and yeahh, I would also get mad at first..."
"Exactly! His reaction isn't that weird."
"But he screamed at me over the boardradio... Millions of people could hear it and said that I can't do a thing..." My eyes started burning again, but I didn't want to cry.

"That wasn't okay indeed and I am not going to talk it right for him. It was in the head of the moment, he didn't make it into Q3, was hurt... But it was extremely stupid!" Elena looked at me again and was silent for a moment to let her words sink in to me. Maybe she was right about what she said.

"Can I ask you something?" She asked and I nodded. "Have you had contact with Charles after Pierre found out about you two?"
"No, I haven't."
"Why not?"
"I don't want to make it even worse!" I cried out. "Hey, it's fine! I'm not mad at you or anything." Elena comforted me. "I just think that you shouldn't ignore him or give up on you. For him this is shit too." It seemed like she wanted to say more, but suddenly the lights in the kitchen got switched on.

One of the AlphaTauri chefs walked in and we quickly jumped up. "Camille?" He asked. "I'm sorry, we Will leave." I answered and before he could say or ask anything else I pulled Elena with me, out of the kitchen.

"Camille!" Charles said when we walked out of the AlphaTauri motorhome. He stood up, he had been waiting for me in front of the building. "Oh, hey Elena." He said when he saw that I wasn't alone. "Can we maybe talk for a moment?" Charles asked me after he had turned to me again. I looked at Elena and she nodded at me. "Okay, sure." I answered. Without knowing why I felt a little awkward. I walked down towards him where he was waiting for me.

At the moment that Elena wanted to walk away to leave us alone, George and Lando came to us. George walked straight to Charles and hugged him. "Great job, man!"
"Congrats, mate." Lando said and gave him a fristbump. "Great job you too, boys." Charles answered. I looked from the two boys to Charles and back. "You didn't see that he took P4 in qualy?" Lando asked me, confused. George hit him and looked at me kindly. "Of course not, idiot." He said to Lando and took a step towards me. "I'm sorry, Camille. He shouldn't have screamed at you, he was stupid for that. Did you talk with him yet?"
"Thanks, George. No we haven't talked, I have no idea where he is and don't want to know it either."

Charles signed at me to come closer to him. When I did he leaned closer to me and whispered in my ear. "I think it's best to tell them, they have to know."
"Why would we? We didn't even tell pierre." I answered. "I really really care about you, Camille. You have to know that I am not embarrassed of you or anything like that. I'm proud of you and anyone should know that I'm in love with you, badly in love. You don't deserve it to be a secret. I haven't really fought for you in the past, but you deserve it and you have to know that I'll fight for you when it's needed. No matter what." Luckily no one was really paying attention to us and we also spoke in french so only Elena could maybe hear us. I bit my lip and looked him deeply in the eyes, badly in love. If we would have been alone I would have jumped into his arms.
"We didn't tell Pierre indeed, but we should have done. You always have to learn from your mistakes and make yourself better from them, right?" Charles continued. For a short moment I closed my eyes and thought about it. He was right, he was totally right and I was sure that Pierre would understand it. One day. "Okay, fine." I softly agreed with Charles then.

"Have you seen Esteban?" Elena asked the boys and they both shook their heads. "I haven't seen him." Lando said. "No, I have no idea where he is, sorry." George answered too. "It's fine, don't worry. I'll find him." Elena gave me a quick hug and walked away then.

"Guys, do you have a moment?" Charles asked when she left. "Yeah, of course." George answered. "For you always." Lando said, for which he got hit by George again. "Auw!" He cried out and George shook his head. "Baby."
"Guys, come on, please." Charles said a little ignored and they both looked at him as they realized he was serious.

"Camille and I... Well, we have been together for 5 months now. Pierre is mad because we hadn't told him yet and he found out today. But yeahh uhm, we thought that you should know." Charles told them with a high pace. "Really? That's so cute!" Lando said and I rolled my eyes, but a smile appeared on my face. "I'm happy for you two." George said and turned to me then. "Pierre will understand it soon, right? Just give him some time and try to talk with him." He walked to me and gave me a hug. I wrapped my arms around him for a moment, but heard a familiar voice then.

"George too now?" Pierre said sarcastically. I quickly let go of George and turned toward my brother. "Pierre! Can we talk for a moment, please?"
"I think that you have enough people to talk with." He said and pointed at the three boys around me. I bit my lip to keep the tears inside and stared at Pierre's back while he disappeared into the AlphaTauri motorhome.