☆ Part 15 ☆

I'm honestly embarresed... I let you guys wait almost half a year to finally get the last chapter of this story. Hopefully you guys can forgive me and will enjoy reading the final one. Never forget, I love you guys! Xx
P.S. my other story;
That little space between never and ever, will also get it's last chapter soon, for real this time.

~ 5 years later ~

   With my arm hooked through my dad's, we walk down the aisle together. I take a deep breath while I focus on placing my feet in front of the other, again and again. When I took up my eyes hook into Charles', even though I am still quite some space away from him.
   Without deciding to my lips curls up into the brightest and biggest smile. Next to him, my proud brother Pierre is standing, when our eyes meets he smiles at me and places his hand on Charles' shoulder.
   Slowly my dad and I walk through the benches filled with all the people we know and love, family, friends, colleagues.
   I feel like I would have flew away if it wasn't for my father holding my arm tightly. I feel like I would have outgrown myself from happines if it wasn't for my weddingdress hugging me stronlgy.
   We finally arrive at the altar, my dad lets go of my arm, presses a kiss on my cheek, looks at Charles with a proud-dad-smile on his face and then sits down on his chair on the first row.
   The moments my hands touch Charles' an electric shock goes through my whole body and the excitement really starts flowing. The smile on my face grows and I gently bite my lip to not look like a complete idiot. Charles looks amazing in the beautiful suit he wears and he looks incredibly handsome, but I may be a bit baised.
   ''You look so beautiful...'' Charles softly says under his breath and the look on his face says it all. I still can't believe how it happened, but this man is just as obsessed with me as I am with him.
   I look down at my dress, which indeed is beautiful, around my upperbody the dress is thight and decorated with small beads in pretty paterns, but from my waist and down the dress is big and wide and takes in more space than I have ever done.
   My cheeks turn red under his eyes and words and I softly squeeze his hands. ''You, Mister Leclerc, look super amazing too!''
   He returns my smile and I can see his eyes twinkle from excitement.
   I love weddings, I have always loved them, and your own of course is only more special. Still it can't go quickly enough and it feels like hours until those magical words finally gets said.
   ''You are officially husband and wife.'' He says and turns towards Charles. ''You may now kiss the bride.''
   Before Charles does so he looks me deeply in the eye. ''Je t'aime.'' He says and he pulls me in to finally kiss me that one special kiss. The moment our lips touch all the invited people stand up and clap.
   I have never felt so alive.

   Pierre wraps his arms around my shoulders and pulls me into a tight and loving hug. Before letting go of me he rocks back and forth a few time and squeezes me ever tighter.
   ''You grew up so fast.'' He says to me with a soft smile when he finally lets go, if I'm not mistaken his eyes are a little watered. Seeing him so emotional because of my happiness makes me almost tear up too.
   I slighty turn and learn with my upperbody against his chest and shoulder, I'm beyond happy to have him and to be so close with him.
   ''We aren't kids anymore.'' I softly say and return his smile.
   ''I heard that the diner is served, are you ready to come?''
   After getting congratualated by all our guest I sat down in an empty room I found in the crowded hotel to have a minute for myself, to overthink everything that just happened and to have a little rest.
   Of course I knew that getting married would be emotional and a full and busy day, but I didn't expect myself to get this overwhelmed. It's not overwhelmed in a bad way.
   I'm overwhelmed of love, of connection, of happines.
   I nod at my brother and take his hand to walk to the door together.
   ''Thanks for coming to get me.''
   The long diner tables are set exactly like I pictured and wanted them to; with white tablecloths, silver tableware and white flowers. The chairs are white too and have a heart in the backrest. They are both completely filled with all different types of food you could possibly imagine and high stacks of plates so that all the quests can take whatever they want and eat it where they want, without a seating arrangement or table etiquette to stricktly follow.
   For a moment I stop walking to apriciate the view and let all my emotions work in one me. 
   That's the moment I spot Charles, talking and laughing with my parents - his parents in law - and my heart makes this weird salto, making me feel like sixteen all over again.
   He looks up in our direction as if he can feel my eyes resting on him. He waves and even from this distance I can see the dimples in his cheeks.
   As soon as we walked over he puts his arm around me and presses a kiss on my cheek.
   ''Camille, I really wanted to come get you myself, but you know how possesive your  brother can be.'' Charles says and gives Pierre the eyes.
   ''I just lost my sister to you, I deserved just one last moment of being the most important man in her life.'' Pierre fires back.
   ''Awh, it's so cute to hear that you finally excepted your second place.'' Charles jokes, referring to the 2025 season in which Charles became World Champion and left Pierre behind him in second place with just a few points in favor.
   I have always loved their fake discussions and decided to disprove both of them.
   ''Neither of you are my favorite man, we all know that dad ever was and always will be my favorite.'' His proud smile and long hug warm me up from within and the looks on Charles' and Pierre's face only made it more worth it.
   ''So as your boy best friend I only get the poor fourth place?'' 
   I don't even have to turn to know that it's Alex who is standing behind me.
   ''Do you want the ugly truth or a sweet lie?'' Charles asks him.
   ''You think I'm soft? Ugly truth it is, always.'' Alex determined says as he joins our circle together with his girlfriend - and one of my closest friends - Lily, and their super adorable two years old son Aroon.
   I crouch down - which is topsport in a dress big as this - to greet and hug one of my favorite kids in this world. His hair is extremely dark and he got those cute and beautiful big eyes. 
   I lift him up and place him on my hip so I can carry his weight. It feels wonderful to have his small body against mine and I probably seem in love looking at him. I catch Charles looking at me and the look on his face says enough for me, what he sees pleases him. A weird feeling goes through my chest and stomach. I hold Aroon just a bit thighter.
   ''Then the fifth place is for you, mate.'' Charles continues. ''She have always liked George better.'''
   ''Who said that??" Even I can hear that I sound indignant. ''Ignore him, he is just upset because I prefere my dad over him.'' I blow Charles a kiss, who acts like he catches it from the air.
   ''This is so good!'' Alex said while pointing to his plate after taking the first bite of his food, looks like he already forgot about his fourth (or apperently fifth place) on my 'favorite-men-list' I didn't know I had.
   As if he knows that we just mentioned him, George steps onto the small stage and asks for everyones attention while behind him a huge white screen comes down from the ceiling.
   ''Charles, Camille, please join me here at the front.'' George says through a microfone he is holding.
   Lily takes Aroon over from me and Charles immediatly steps up next to me.
   With our hands locked together we walk closer to our friend, both without having any clue what to expect, but it's George so we for sure have to worry. We sit down in two of the chairs on the first row and look up at him standing on the stage.
   ''I love you both so much. Charles, we go way back and you know that I always enjoy having you around. Camille, of course you already belonged with us from the beginning on, but marrying Charles was the best move you could make to really be part of the group now. Camille Gasly Leclerc sounds pretty cracking! So, I love wedding, but can't leave this one without first doing a little...'' After a few clicks on his phone a presentation slide appears on the screen behind him. ''PowerPoint!'' He finishes his sentence with a proud look at the screen.
   Everyone breaks out in a surprised but amused laughter, so do we, and Charles puts his thumb up.

   The night goes on with a few heartwarming speeces, delicious food, good music and lots of dancing. 
   I stand at the bar with a glass of water with ice to catch my breath and cool down for a moment. My feet hurt from the heels I'm wearing and my dress starts to feel really thight around my upperbody, but today nothing can ruin the wonderful atmosphere and magical feeling.
   I take another look at the beautiful, shining weddingring around my finger, knowing Charles feels the same touch of steel on skin at the exact same moment.
   With a smile on my face I look around all the people enjoy this time and realize that I litterly achieved my childhood dreams. I grew from Strategist to Head of Strategy at Alpha Tauri, just like Charles I stayed loyal to my team, we can't say the same about Pierre. 
   Suddenly I remember writing in my journal in my early teens, picturing what my wedding would look like, writing down all the details I would love to see. Lots of flowers, all the people I love, a big white dress like a princess', a man I love with all my heart and can't imagine a life without. I feel my smile getting bigger and brighter; this wedding is exactly what I have always wanted.
   An arm wraps around my waist from behind and I can feel the warmth from the touch through the thick fabric of my wedding dress. 
   Charles turns me around so that we face each other and he locks his eyes in mine. ''Are you enjoying yourself?''
   His voice warms me up from within and makes my heart do a little happy dance inside my chest. ''I'm having the day of my life.'' I softly tell him without breaking eye contact for even the shortest moment.
   ''Today is perfect and I promise that I will do everything within my power to make everyday from now as perfect as possible.'' Charles says while also keeping the eye contact.
   Slowly I run my finger over the super cute dimple in his cheek. Charles takes my hand and presses a kiss on top of it, after which he gently strokes a strand of hair, that let go from my updo hairstyle, from my eyes.
   He pulls me in closer and wraps his arms around me. I put mine just below his shoulders, on both sides of his chest. Our lips collide in the softest and most genuine kiss I have ever experienced, a kiss with which we promise each other forever, a kiss that proofs how badly we love each other.
   A kiss that tells everything we can't say with words.
  I'm happy and I can't wait for all the ups and downs of life that are yet to come.
  I can't wait to get through all of it together with my best friend and now called husband, Charles Marc Hervé Perceval Leclerc.

The end ~

That was it! Thank you all so much for reading this far and following me along my journey of writing this story. I wouldn't have made it without you all. Hopefully you enjoyed it and feedback is always welcome!! I also wouldn't mind receiving any story ideas you might have or want to see/read :)

I love you, take care Xx