☆ Part 7 ☆

Hesitantly I knocked twice on the door of Mr. Tost's office. "Come in!" I heard from the other side of it and I slowly opened the door. As I entered I saw that Franz Tost was sitting behind his desk, as well as Helmut Marco. Immediately I got more nervously, where was this about? Why was Mr. Marco here?

Before I went here Pierre had told me that everything was going to be alright. I wanted to believe him, but was he right? I was really nervous and had no idea how to act. What were they about to tell me? Mr. Tost said on the phone that I wasn't in trouble, but what was going on then? Except for that... Charles and I were still in trouble, we barely talked to each other and I'm still broken to be honest... I'm sure that Pierre noticed that there was something going on, but he just let it be. This was something we had to fix with just the two of us, but I had no idea how. My heart was hurted, but still so hopeless in love with Charles... Everytime I see him I wonder how it would be to spend time with him, to go on dates, to cuddle with him... Everytime I look at his lips I wonder how they would taste and I wonder how it would feel to play with his hair... I want to look deeply into his eyes, to draw in the beauty of them. I want to stay awake till after midnight by just watching movies and chatting...

"Camille, please take a seat." Franz Tost said and pointed at one of the chairs at his desk. Before I sat down I shook them both hands. "I think that you want to know where this is all about." Franz started and I nodded. "It wouldn't be bad to finally find that out." I answered with a smile. The past two weeks I have been wondering why he wanted to talk to me, in person at his office. Mr. Marco shifted a folder and took out a paper. He slid it across the desk to me. "An anonymous source had told us something and brought us this sheet of paper." He told me. I looked a bit confused, but picked up the paper then. My heart missed a beat when I saw what was on the paper... It was my own handwriting, it was the calculation I made on the afterparty after Pierre's win at Monaco. I made a new part of strategy there, based on the first safety car of that race instead of the last one. Helmut Marco slid some other sheets of paper towards me. It were all strategies made by me, from other races of the 2020 season. A little shocked, I looked up at the two men. "How... How did you get those?" I asked them and Franz Tost was the one to answer my question. "Someone brought them to us and told us what he knew."
"He?"
"You didn't have to know that." Franz said with a little smile as he realized that he already told her too much. ''Let's come to the point of our appointment.'' Helmut Marco said and Franz and I immediately got serious. We both nodded in agreement. Mr. Marco wasn't the person I liked the most out of the Formula 1 paddock, mainly because he didn't treat my brother amazingly. I wasn't a person who is going to hate on people and I always treated him with respect and kindness. The way Tost and Marco looked at me made me really nervous, but excited and curious too.

Franz pointed at the sheets of paper, that I was still holding, as he started talking. ''We have looked at your work after the 'mysterious men' handed them over to me. I had immediately called Helmut and we thought the same about it..." I couldn't handle it anymore, what did he want to tell me? Couldn't he just say it without a bunch of information I could do nothing with? I sat down at the very end of the chair and probably looked at him like I should pull the words out of him if it was needed. ''We came to the conclusion that you are really talented! This work you made is seriously good. If we had used your strategies we had maybe could have finished higher than P6 in the constructors championship.'' Franz told me and he looked me in the eyes with a sympathetic glanze. I looked back at him with disbelief, was this really how they thought about my work? Had it been a bad decision to hide for so long that I made strategies? Helmut Marco caught my attention by picking another sheet of paper out of the folder that was still laying in front of him. He slowly slid it towards me. My eyes widened when I saw what kind of paper it was... No... This wasn't true, was it? This couldn't be true.