Chapter 27 - Family Dinner

A/N: Sorry that it has literally taken me 4 months to upload a new chapter, I have been trying for a while to get this chapter finished but I had a serious case of writers block, thankfully I seem to be over it. I will try to get another chapter out soon, in the meantime, I hope you like this one, and sorry for the wait. :)

[Peter's POV]:

"Peter, Natasha, Agent Coulson is approximately 5 minutes from arrival." KAREN informs us dutifully.

"Thanks K." I respond. "Nat? You okay?"

"Yeah,. You trust him Pete, I trust you and your judgement. If you tell me he isn't a threat, I believe you" Nat answers with so much faith it almost hurts.

I just smile.

"I'll head down and meat him in the garage." I suggest giving her some extra time to prepare herself. She smiles back gratefully.

I pull her into a quick reassuring hug before heading to the elevator.

To be honest, I'm actually a little nervous too. I still don't really know how to do...such normal things. Like a family dinner - that's just Sunday for a lot of people, but this is literally two of the most important people in my life meeting for the first time...and I just don't really know what to do with that yet.

Once I am in the elevator, K takes me straight to the garage without me having to ask.

A few minutes later, the car pulls into the garage and Phil climbs out the back seat. I smirk. "You enjoying having a chauffeur?" I ask teasingly.

"I could get used to it" he retorts with a smirk of his own. "Is this whole garage yours?" He asks looking at the various items strewn about the area and the workshop in the far corner.

"The whole building" I confirm with a smirk.

"What do you need a whole building for?" He asks slightly incredulous.

"I didn't want nosy neighbours, besides if i can control the whole building I can control who comes and goes, its more secure that way." I explain simply.

"I sometimes forget you're a literal millionaire". He says with a touch of awe in his voice.

I just smile. "Nat is upstairs so we should probably head up...don't want to keep her waiting."

Phil just nods. "Lead the way Pete."

"Nice to finally meet you Agent Coulson" KAREN greets as we enter the elevator, shocking Phil. If I hadn't programmed her myself i might have thought she did it on purpose, but since I did program her, I know for a fact that is why she did it. I smirk at her.

"Um...you too..." Phil stutters out confusedly.

"...KAREN, I am Petey's AI and babysitter" she teases.

"Excuse me?" I ask in faux indignation. "Babysitter?" I scoff.

"Aww don't be all grumpy petey-pie, I'll let you have extra desert after dinner." K teases.

"Deal" I joke back. "Anyway K, take us up please."

"Yes boss." K responds as the elevator starts to rise.

I take a few inconspicuous calming breaths before the doors are opening again and I am...so not ready for this...but lets do it anyway.

I step out and my worries and doubts suddenly fall away...I know these people...I trust them. I am in my own home, which is a safe place, with people who I love...there isn't anything to worry about.

My smile suddenly feeling a whole lot more genuine, stays on my face as I hang up Phil's coat in the closet and then lead him towards the kitchen.

"Nat" I call out, getting her attention before we enter so we don't startle her...even if I doubt we could considering how on edge she is. Just because she trusts me, it doesn't mean the years of training go away. Being alert while meeting new people is honestly just good practice...not like we can just turn it off anyway.