Chapter 9 - Hydra Has Crappy Security

Almost a month after my 17th birthday and it is finally time... I can make my move against HYDRA.This is what i have been working towards for almost two years since my escape. What i was dreaming of long before that.

I load up my pistols, check my web-shooters and sharpen my many knives. I decided to raid the base after nightfall as it will reduce my visibility, and with my enhanced senses and tech i will be able to see them perfectly. It is a new moon tonight too. Not a coincidence. It means visibility will be reduced even further. That will help me to infiltrate the base undetected.

The plan is get in, download any information, then blow the place. Make it look like an accident. Don't want them figuring out there was any foul play just yet. It could void any information i gather. No. I need to play this slow. If i rush...if i lose my cool and start just killing these fuckers left and right, no matter how much i want to, it will just screw me over in the long run.

It's like a game of chess. I need to be thinking five moves ahead. Like a fight. I can't go projecting my next move. Not if i want to stand a chance. I am outmanned and outgunned. Right now my main advantage is the element of surprise. And the fact that they are all idiots. But still...

Really, it would be better to just get the information and leave, but i am pissed off. And of course, the fact that this is the base that they kept me in for almost a decade. The place that they ruined me.

So for now, making it seem like an accident will have to do. I have already discovered that 'Master' is not at this base anymore. Otherwise he would be another objective on my list. I haven't forgotten the promise i made to him. To myself.

I will kill him...slowly...and very, very painfully.

But not today.

I am approaching the base on foot. I landed the jet in a clearing about 5 miles southeast of the compound in a clearing in the trees, of course i have engaged the 'cloak' mode so it wont be spotted. Mainly just turning off all transmitters and engaging the retroreflective panels. But 'Cloak Mode' sounds cooler. I had also just read Harry Potter when i named it, but thats beside the point.

After around an hour, i get to the base and scout it out for a while to learn the movement patterns of the external guards. Its cold...But I've had worse. To be honest, I'm in combat mode now. Anything not related to the mission is irrelevant. I hate that HYDRA made me like this, but at least it has some uses I agree with.

After mapping the guards movements i manage to sneak past the guards on the outer perimeter and make my way over to a ventilation shaft on the east side of the main building. Of course it has an alarm but nothing that took more than 15 seconds to disable.

I climb through the vents towards the server room. Typical. HYDRA may be good at training mindlessly loyal soldiers, but they are overconfident. Their tech is shitty and they still rely heavily on it. Idiots. Not that I'm complaining. Then again its not as fun when there is no challenge involved.

That being said, I'm not getting cocky. I am good and i know it, but if i let it get to my head i could lose focus. Not focusing could cause mistakes. Mistakes can not happen. The stakes are too high. Not that i care so much about what happens to me. But there will be other children after me that have to go through the same things i did. Mostly.

I can't let that happen. I won't. I need to stay focused.

After crawling through the dirty and cramped vents for around 10 minutes i find myself above the server room. I deploy my motion sensor by the door then drop down by the computers.

My 'motion detector' analyses air waves around it, and detects even the smallest vibrations, then maps it to my phone to i will get a silent alert if anyone is approaching. While that monitors the area for me i begin downloading information from the servers to a flash-drive.