Chapter 5 - Yup, Totally Fine (Not).

A/N: Hope this isn't too bad, I'm not particularly good at this kind of thing but hey🤷🏻‍♀️ i'm trying lol. Any feedback would be appreciated. Hope you enjoy. 😊

After a gruelling two months (which says a lot coming from someone who has literally been tortured, starved and experimented on their whole life) Peter had finally graduated high school. A part of him knows it wasn't really that bad but he just found it annoying to be free of hydra and still not be entirely free. But he knew that if he didn't graduate it would make everything a lot more difficult down the line. If he ever wants to pass as normal, he needs to do at least some normal things.

It had now been 6 months since he officially graduated and he definitely prefers not being surrounded by sweaty whiny hormonal teenagers all day everyday. A small part of him reminds him that he is technically also a teenager even if he has seen more in his life already than any of them ever will in theirs. 'Thanks Hydra' he thinks bitterly.

Anyway. Since he has graduated he decided to start up his own company. Its a science and technology business. Parker Industries. He decided that he wanted to create something of his own, but he also needed the money, not to mention that he knew he could use his intellect to build technology that could help people, that could save lives. Maybe even in some small way, make up for some of the things he has done. He has killed close to 400 people after all.

387 to be exact.

~POV CHANGE~

I look down sadly at that thought. I never wanted this. I never wanted to be the monster that they have made me become. A small part of me wants to believe that I can't blame myself. That my actions weren't really my own.

But I carried them out. Those people...all of them died by my hands. What I wanted didn't matter. I put myself above them. I killed them in cold blood so I wouldn't have to suffer as badly.

Of course i know that if I hadn't have done what i did, they would have broken me eventually anyway, and that i would have ended up hurting even more people. But somehow that doesn't make it any easier.

I still remember my first kill.

— Flashback —

I sat on the cold concrete floor of my cell. Listening carefully. I knew that they would be coming soon. They always did. It was like clockwork. At the same time every morning they would come in and take me for my morning torture session. Oh the joys.

I hear them coming before they even enter the hallway outside of the cell. Their footsteps echoing around in this concrete cage only audible to me. As they get to the door i hear them talking in Russian. There is three guards today again, but what they are saying confused me. They are saying something about a test. Im not sure what that is but it almost certainly isn't good.

The door swings open and i am almost instantly grabbed by two of the guards. One stays across the room, rifle aimed at my head. The last guard just stands there with a sadistic smirk on his face. God i would love to punch it away, but alas I can't because he has the remote in his hand. The remote to the shock collar around my neck.

I have been thinking lately of pretending to give in. After all they won't present me with an opportunity for escape until they don't believe i will take it. But looking at that smirk right now i know that i will not give in to him today. Even if it will mean more trouble for me, i am gonna wipe the smirk from that sick bastards face.

So i do as any logical person would do in that situation and smirk right back before i spit right in his face. But when his smirk just grows bigger i know something is off. My senses are going off even more than usual and I suddenly get a bad feeling in my stomach. Whatever is about to happen i know it wont be good. Before I even get a chance to say anything to piss him off further though, there is suddenly a pinch in my neck and everything turns to black.