Chapter 17 - That Asshole Quoted Rocky?

It had been a pretty normal day so far. Peter had been into the office, done a load of paperwork, went to the intern labs and checked on some projects, done some work in his own lab on creating some more secure comm links for him and Natasha to use. The usual. After that he had gone home, trained for a while and then he and Nat discussed their plans to raid a Red Room facility over some pelmini, before they both settled to watch a movie.

That had become a common occurrence. Almost every night they would watch a movie together, or a TV show. Sometimes they would both just sit in companionable silence as they both read, and if they were reading the same thing sometimes they would discuss it afterwards.

It was fun. It had helped them grow closer while also giving them a chance to catch up on pop-culture, and the things HYDRA had kept away from them. It was a simple thing really, but to both of them it was the highlight of their days. Besides it gave them a chance to be normal, even if just for a few hours, they could forget their problems and be like normal people.

Well, to an extent. In reality they never forget their problems. They can't escape the memories, or remove the habits that had been ingrained in them. But it lessened everything for a while. And that was enough for them.

But tonight, a problem arose that neither could have anticipated. You see they were watching 'Rocky IV'. Now ordinarily this wouldn't be a problem. It's just a movie. In fact, Peter had watched the others and enjoyed them. And he was enjoying this one too.

Until that one line was uttered in a heavily accented voice, the suddenly he was back there.

'I must break you'.

[Flashback Peter's POV]

It was cold and dark. Wherever the hell i am i have been here long enough to know that help isn't coming. This isn't like one of those tv crime dramas where the good guys always arrive to save the day. No, this? This was hell.

I have been starved and beaten and locked in this tiny cell for...god even knows how long.

The sudden opening of the heavy rusty old metal door jarred me from my thoughts though. A man stepped into the room followed by two 'cronies'. He stares at me with an expression I can't read. It is similar to the expression on the guards faces sometimes, when they beat me. But this seemed more...overt. I suddenly feel my stomach drop.

I don't know what is coming. But i know it's going to hurt.

The shorter of the two cronies grabs me by my hair which now that i think about, has grown out a lot. How long have i been here?

The pain of being dragged along the rough and dirty concrete of the hallway keeps me from pondering that too much though.

I am thrown into another room, but this one is different. There are tables with doctors tools on them, and a big battery? Like from a car? Do they want me to build something?

That thought didn't last long though as the second crony picks him up and straps him down onto the large metal table in the middle of the room. Suddenly the sinking feeling is back and i feel pure terror shoot through me.

I have never felt fear like this before, but i get the impression that it is something I will have to become accustomed to. I feel a hot tear fall down my cheek, but suddenly i am smacked by the man with the evil smirk.

'DO NOT CRY YOU BRAT!' He shouts and just as i am about to look back at him, i feel the first lash of the whip.

I scream out in agony. This is the worst pain i have experienced so far. I can already feel a welt forming across my torso and rivulets of blood dripping from the wound.