Chapter 8 - Guess I'm Building A Jet

It has been about two weeks since Ned and Michelle began their internships. Michelle mainly works on the business side of things while Ned works more with the scientists (primarily in the coding and cyber security sectors).

I have been working to help them adjust to working with the company. They work throughout the New York offices, however their official assignment is as my personal interns. Basically they are responsible for the minor day to day jobs i was doing before, i am trying not to give them too much work though, they are good, but they don't handle stress as well as I do. Shocking, i know.

Anyway, now that they are settled in, and my workload is even lighter i have some more spare time on my hands that i can use to further prepare for my fight against HYDRA. Step 1: build a jet.

I could theoretically just buy a jet, but by building it myself it will be stronger, faster and better equipped to fit my needs, and, well...just...better.

I have came up with a few design ideas so far but i have already decided it will have to be a VTOL (vertical take-off/landing) jet. It will also be a cargo style jet to make room for weapons...a med bay...actual cargo...etc.

I have already mapped everything i need so now all i need to do is begin building.

Of course, this is just a rough sketch that only details the front and back, there will however be a cargo area included in my final blueprints

I stand up from my desk, the perks of setting up in a warehouse means lots of room to build. I head over to one of my empty construction bays. The largest one. I have everything I need to build the jet from scratch but it will take a while, probably a few months. That may be fast, especially considering i am building a jet from scratch... on my own. I like being efficient though, so i will be trying to get it built as soon as possible.

Maybe i am a little impatient. Not that anyone would ever know it but me. I just really want to take down HYDRA. Or at least the Black Box program.

See the Black Box is where i was raised. They take young boys. Children. And torture them, beat them, starve them...break them...then they rebuild them, as spies, assassins, soldiers...weapons.

Thats what they tried to do to me. What they did to me. Truthfully...they may not have controlled me fully, but they still achieved their goals...they broke me...I can never be fixed. They broke me and they made me into a soldier...a weapon. And even if i am no longer under their thumb, thats what i am.

Thats all i will ever be.

I feel my breathing begin to quicken, ah fantastic, another panic attack. Good thing I had Karen help me learn to deal with this shit. I close my eyes and concentrate on my breathing for a few minutes, i feel that begin to work. Sometimes it doesn't, then I have a technique for grounding myself. That usually works. If it doesn't then I'm fucked but it hasn't failed me so far, so thats a worry for another day.

-Time Skip(9 months)-

It wasn't particularly difficult, but it was time consuming. I am just finishing updating KAREN on my jet. I have already test piloted it...a lot. I have been flying around setting up safe houses all over the world. I am at 16 and counting now, all stocked up with weapons, supplies, a custom state of the art security system made by me - making them some of the most secure locations in the world - escape vehicles fake Id's and stashes of cash in various different currencies. The standard stuff really.

Anyway, the jet is pretty much ready to go at this point, which is good because in less than a month I will be raiding the first Black Box site.

There are at least 7 that i know of, but probably more, i will gather more information when i infiltrate the bases hopefully.

After I am finished connecting KAREN to the jet, i need to go and meet Ned and Michelle. Apparently not celebrating your birthday isn't acceptable outside of HYDRA.

Since 'Aunt May' is currently away for work, they refuse to let me be alone on my birthday. I appreciate it, I suppose, but i just don't want to be forced to celebrate something I don't really care about. But if i tell them that it might make them suspicious. Oh the struggles of living life on the run from a crazy terrorist organisation that wants to brainwash you and turn you into a weapon. A common struggle amongst teenagers, i'm sure.

To me, celebrating a birthday seems pointless. I understand why people do it. But does it really matter. Yay, you have survived another 365 days. You have successfully orbited the sun again. People do that all over the world everyday. Its not a big deal. Not some great achievement.

And yes, i could celebrate the fact that i am now 17. That i have been free of HYDRA for over a year now. That even after all of the shit i have been through i am still here, I'm still alive.

But for me to want to celebrate that, i would have to care, and I don't.

Truthfully...I just feel numb. I have nothing, not really. I have nobody. I am broken beyond repair. I have no real purpose. After I deal with HYDRA...after i tie up all the loose ends...after I complete my mission...maybe i should just end it.

At this point, the only thing I am living for is spite. Besides, i have to outlive my enemies. Despite their best efforts. But when thats done...

All i am good for is hurting people. I am a weapon. Nothing more. I have no place in the world. I have no family. My friends don't really know me, they wouldn't want to. They certainly wouldn't care about me. Nobody would miss me. I could keep going, prove that the things i was told were crap. But to what end?...

KAREN's concerned voice jolts me out of my thoughts. "Boss, are you okay? You have been staring into space for the last half hour.".

"Uh yeah Karen, just thinking". I say in monotone. But whats new there?

"If you insist." She says in a tone that tells me she absolutely doesn't believe i am okay. "Also if i may remind you Boss, you are supposed to meet MJ and Ned at Delmar's in 30 minutes."

"Already?" I ask slightly impressed how much time has passed. "Okay I'll head out right after i have a shower."

"Very well, also, MAY just received a call about the cabin just outside of Volgograd, or as the locals still like to call it Stalingrad. The purchase went through. It's yours."

"Thanks K, i will outfit it like the others as soon as possible, actually i'll head out there this weekend."

"Yes boss."

With that i head off to take a shower so that i can head out to celebrate my birthday, since that is apparently a social requirement now.

It could be worse. I could still be there. But either way, i guess i need to go out and pretend to have a good time. But that's nothing new