Chapter 1: I Guess I'll Never Find Love

Michael's POV

December 10, 1993

All I could do was stare up at the ceiling. I couldn't eat, nor could I sleep. All I could do was think of how much of a fool I was. I had been dating Lisa Marie Presley for a few months now, and she had been so kind and supportive to me, that I couldn't help but fall head over heels for her. I really thought she would've been the one.

But boy was I wrong! Just last night, I decided to propose to Lisa over the phone, and she flat out dumped me. She said that she refused to let me and the accusations against me ruin her image and revealed that she had been cheating on me with Nicholas Cage. She even went so far as to call me a child predator!

But I've never even done nor would think of doing anything so horrible to any child. I have nieces and nephews for God's sakes! If anyone ever tried to do something as heinous to them, you're damn right I'm gonna moonwalk all over their ass!

When the accusations came to surface, Lisa had been nothing but loving and supportive to me. She told me she believed me. But as soon as I proposed to her, she completely turned 180 and ripped my heart into pieces! I should've known that Lisa was a fake one. Damn! I was such a fool!

As I continued staring up into the ceiling with tear-stained cheeks, suddenly, the telephone started ringing. Curiously, I picked up the phone and said,

"Hello?"

The lady on the phone replied, "Hello? Michael?"

My eyes immediately widened in shock. That wasn't just any lady chatting over the phone, it was The Voice herself! Whitney Houston!

I asked, "Whitney? I-Is that you?"

She replied, "Yes, it's me."

I responded, "Wow! Whitney, it's been so long since we've talked. How are you?"

Whitney answered, "I'm doing fine, how are you?"

I replied, "If I'm being honest, I've had better days. Whitney, if you don't mind me asking, why are you calling? Is everything alright?"

Whitney explained, "Y-Yes... Everything's fine. I called to see how you were doing. With everything going on with you and the media, I can't help but worry about you. I actually spoke with your sister Janet last night and she said you've fled the country and you're isolating yourself from everybody, even your own family."

I sighed and admitted, "I'm afraid that's true, Whitney. Ever since these whole accusations came up, I just can't bear to be in the U.S. right now. The FBI has been tearing up, and turning Neverland all upside down, looking for one little shred of evidence that says I'm a monster. And I swear, the media has been no better.

Tears started pouring down my eyes once more as I cried,

"I promise you, Whitney! I could never do such a horrific thing to anyone, let alone children! I would slit my wrists, before I could even imagine hurting a child!"

Whitney responded, "I know you would, Michael. There's no doubt in my mind, that you love children. And anybody that thinks otherwise is nothing but a complete fool! I'm so sorry you're going through this, Michael."

With a small smile, I said, "Thank you, Whitney. You're such a good friend."

She replied, "And you are too. If you don't mind me asking, where are you staying at?"

I asked, "I'm staying in the Dominican Republic. Why do you ask?"

Whitney said, "I wanna come see you."

Not wanting Whitney to see me like a washed up, hot mess, I tried to say,

"Oh, Whitney--That's real sweet of you and I appreciate your concern for me. B-But you don't have to-"

But Whitney stopped me and said, "But I want to. Michael, I know we've had a history together. But you're still my friend and I care about you a lot. Please, Michael. Let me do this."

Whitney and I used to date in the late 80s, but it ended up not working out because of the various conflicts between both Clive and myself. In the end, we both just decided the drama between Clive and I would ruin our relationship and I truly wanted the best for Whitney and her career. So we broke up, but we still continued to be friends and we do support each other and our careers.

After a moment of thought and realizing I needed a true friend at this very moment, I gave into the idea and said,

"Alright. I'm staying at a condo in Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic. The address is 2420 Pablo Lane."

Whitney said, "Okay great! Thank you, Michael. I promise, I'll be there as soon as I can."

I replied, "Thank you, Whitney. I'll see you soon. Take care of yourself."

She said, "You too, Michael. I will see you soon."

And with our conversation being over, I hung up the phone.

Wow! Whitney is coming over! We haven't seen each other in person since we were at the 1989 Grammy Awards. Maybe things will be better this time. We could catch up and hang out, maybe we could... Oh! But who am I kidding? She's married, and she's a mother. There's no way she would ever think about getting back together with me.

If I'm being honest, I've never stopped loving Whitney. Even after we broke up, I could never stop thinking about her. You could only imagine how broken up I was when I found out she married Bobby Brown. I just felt that it should've been me, and I still do. But I know she's happy with him, and especially considering they have a daughter together. I could never take that away from her.

And when I met Lisa and we started dating, I actually felt that I had found that happiness too. But yesterday definitely proved me wrong. I guess I'll never find love.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I hope you enjoy this chapter! This is a story that I've been wanting to write for a long time, but I've just never been able to get around to it. 

For those that have been reading my MJ Halloween fanfic, I will still be working on that story too when summer comes around. I've just been dying to give this story a try, and now I'm glad to be doing it.

I hope you all enjoy this chapter, because the next one's coming soon! ;)