Chapter 45: Some Ground Rules

Whitney's POV

January 5, 1998

1:15 PM

Michael and I were in the recording studio recording a new duet that was to be featured on my upcoming album, My Love Is Your Love and Michael's next album Invincible while our children and Leolah were watching, with our producer, Rodney Jerkins.

The song was called, If I Told You That.

While I Just Can't Stop Loving You will forever be our true love duet, If I Told You That is not only our first official duet together, it's also a duet that both me and Michael can bop out to, let loose, and have fun with!

And I could tell our children were enjoying the music too, as they all were dancing throughout the song! MJ himself has definitely got some moves. While my baby boy can sing like the rest of his siblings, he definitely inherited his father's abilities to dance like a machine!

Once the session was through, Michael asked our producer,

"Was it good Rodney?"

Rodney answered, "Yeah! That run-through was perfect! I loved the added high notes that were combined with Whitney's. It definitely gave the song the kick that it needed. I'm telling you, this is the duet that's going to go platinum within minutes!"

Michael chuckled happily as I responded while we both proceeded to take off our headphones,

"Thanks Rodney!"

Knowing he was finished for the day, Rodney said as he started to pack up his stuff,

"Hey listen, I'm gonna get going! But great stuff today Michael and Whitney!"

Michael said, "Thanks Rodney!"

I told him, "You take care now!"

Rodney said as he bid farewell to our children, 

"Goodbye children!"

All of them said in unison, "Bye Mr. Rodney!"

And with that, Rodney left the recording studio and made his way out of Neverland. 

Walking out of the recording booth, the children came running towards us and Bobbi Kristina said,

"Mommy! Daddy! That was awesome!"

MJ exclaimed, "Yeah! That was the best boppin' beat I've heard in a long time!"

Michael chuckled, "I could tell you were enjoying yourself! I saw you with those dance moves, MJ."

I clapped excitedly, "Mhmm! Michael, you know my baby boy's got moves for days! Dancing like the real Prince of Pop!"

Hearing himself being called a baby, MJ whined as he started to blush,