Chapter 4: I've Never Stopped Loving You

Michael's POV

Noticing the sudden change in Whitney's tone, I knew something had to be up. 

Concerned, I asked her, "Hey, Whitney? Is everything okay?

Turning back to me, Whitney asked, "Hm? Oh yeah, everything's fine Mike. Why do you ask?"

I explained, "Well, I couldn't help but notice that you looked a little bothered when I mentioned Bobby. Is everything alright between you two?"

Whitney shook her head and responded casually, 

"Yeah! Of course, everything's fine between us. Why wouldn't they be."

But I saw straight through her happy facade.

She can't be going through the same thing I went through with Lisa, can she? And I admit, I have been hearing rumors in the media lately about Bobby cheating on Whitney. But knowing the media, I couldn't determine whether or not it was true. However, just seeing Whitney's reaction when I mentioned Bobby, I knew right away there had to be some truth to it.

In realization, I said, "He's been cheating on you... Hasn't he?"

With a look of shock on her face, she tried to deny, 

"What?! I-I never said that! I mean, what makes you think h-he's cheating on me? B-Because he's not!"

I knew right away that Whitney was lying to me. I know this because whenever she tells a lie, she always stutters and turns away from me.

Bringing my hand underneath her chin, I turned her head to face me and said in a serious tone,

"Whitney, you know you can tell me anything. You are my friend, and I love you and care about you. And if there's something going on that's hurting you, then I want to help you. Now tell me, yes or no, is Bobby cheating on you?"

Looking into my eyes, Whitney answered, "Yes."

With my eyes widening in shock, I exclaimed, "Unbelievable! When did this happen?"

She answered, "It was three nights ago. I caught him having sex with two other women in our bedroom."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing! That sorry son of a bitch had the nerve to cheat on Whitney, and in their matrimonial bed?! God! if he was here right now, I would moonwalk all over his ass!

Whitney stood up from the sofa and went on to say as tears filled her eyes,

"I don't know what to do with him anymore, Michael! He's done this to me three times already! I swear, if we didn't have a daughter together, I would've left him months ago. I... I just don't know how much more of this I can take!"

Standing up from the sofa, I took her in my arms and held her as she began to cry. I swear, it's people like Bobby who give us men a bad name! He has a beautiful queen like Whitney, and he goes and cheats on her with other women? Without any regard for his wife and child? He's an absolute disgrace for a man!