Chapter 20: The VMA's 1994

Michael's POV

September 8, 1994

Morning had just hit, and I was in the kitchen making breakfast for my fiancé. 

We were staying at my condo in Hollywood

We were staying at my condo in Hollywood. Since the baby was pretty much due in a few days, both Whitney and I agreed that it would be more practical to stay in Hollywood as it was just sixteen minutes away from the hospital. So at any point when Whitney's water would break, we would be ready!

Bobbi Kristina was being watched by my sisters LaToya and Rebbie back at Neverland, while they and the maids helped to put the final touches on the nursery.

In the meantime, Whitney and I were also in Hollywood to attend the VMA's, where we would open the show together. I was initially against this, since we were so close to the baby's due date, But Whitney kept insisting to me that she was alright and that the baby wouldn't be likely to come until the exact due date. I sure hope she was right!

I know that we also wanted to be there in support of my sister Janet, since she was also nominated to receive the awards for Best Female Video, Best Choreography in a Video, and Best Dance Video.

Our parents were also here in Hollywood with us, so they could be close by and ready to be there when our child is born.

Having finished preparing breakfast, I walked upstairs while carrying it on a tray to bring it to Whitney. Opening the door, I looked to see my beloved fiancé opening her eyes as she looked towards me. Giving me a loving smile, she said to me,

"Good morning, Applehead."

With a loving smile of my own, I said, "Good morning, Nippy. I made you some breakfast."

Whitney said, "Aww, Baby! That's so sweet of you! But you didn't have to do that."

I replied as I carried the tray of food over to Whitney,

"Gurrl! Of course I did! You're carrying such precious cargo. And besides, with the baby being due any day now, I don't want you to overwork yourself."

Touched by my gesture, Whitney said, "Why do you have to be such a wonderful man?"

I answered simply, "Because I got such a wonderful woman by my side."

With a loving smile, Whitney said as she placed a sweet kiss on my lips,

"Thank you, Michael."

I replied with a loving smile, "You're welcome, Whitney."

As we both began to dig into our breakfast, I asked,

"Is it good?"

Whitney answered while rolling her eyes in delight,

"Mhmm... So good baby!

Still hesitant about the VMA's, I asked, "Nippy, are you sure about the VMA's? I know I wanted to go there and support Janet. But if you're not feeling well enough or if you're too tired, then we don't have to go there if you don't want to."