Chapter 15: The Baby Shower Pt. 1

Whitney's POV

May 15, 1994

It has been over a month since Bobby's dumbass tried to slander Michael and I in the media. Since that day has happened, Michael and I both came to the agreement that we would both block out the media or tabloid news for the remainder of our pregnancy, for the sake of my health and our child's health.

And I honestly couldn't agree more. As much as I want to beat Bobby's ass for what he said, I also knew that Michael was right. The more stress I put on myself, the more likely I am to lose the baby. I should know, I almost lost Bobbi Kristina when I was eight months pregnant after Bobby cheated on me the first time.

Well I promise you! I'm not gonna lose anymore babies over that fool ever again!

But aside from all that, today was a great day. Because... Today was the day of my baby shower!

We were holding a baby shower at Neverland Ranch, and all of our family and friends were there to celebrate! From my daughter, mother and future mother in-law, to my future sister in-laws, and to Michael and I's dearest friends such as Robyn Crawf...

We were holding a baby shower at Neverland Ranch, and all of our family and friends were there to celebrate! From my daughter, mother and future mother in-law, to my future sister in-laws, and to Michael and I's dearest friends such as Robyn Crawford, Angela Bassett, Cece Winans, Diana Ross, Elizabeth Taylor, my auntie Aretha Franklin, Chaka Kahn, Brandy, and Michael and I's nieces and nephews.

It was so nice to see my future in-laws meet and bond with little Bobbi Kristina. They were all so sweet to her and accepting of the fact that she was also gonna be a Jackson once Michael and I get married. 

As for Michael, he and the rest of the gentlemen here were having their own get together outside in a tent, near the amusement park.

For the festivities, we made some mocktails, decorated blocks for the baby, a 'baby' pin contest, and gender guessing game. For the gender guessing game, it pretty much resulted in a tie, with half of the guests saying boy and the other half saying girl.

Despite the result, Michael and I had agreed to keep the gender of our baby a surprise for when the baby is born. But for now, it was finally time to open gifts!

From my mother, she got a beautiful pink bassinet for a baby girl.