Chapter 17: A Special Surprise

Whitney's POV

June 20, 1994

Michael, David Foster, and I were in his recording studio at Neverland Ranch, and Michael was just about to finish recording the Earth Song for the new HIStory Album. This honestly had to have been one of the greatest songs that my man's ever written. It brought so much awareness to our home, and the need to step up more and take care of the home that our lord has given us. 

Being in the recording studio to see Michael sing his heart out and work his magic just has me and the baby inside me in awe. The more Michael keeps hitting those high notes, the more our baby keeps kicking and kicking! That definitely tells me our child is gonna have an ear for music!

Michael sang the final few lyrics of the song;

What about the holy land?
(What about it?)
Torn apart by creed
(What about us?)
Where did we go wrong?
(Ooh, ooh)
Someone tell me why
(What about us?)

What about baby boy?
(What about it?)
What about the days?
(What about us?)
What about all their joy?
(Ooh, ooh)
Do they give a damn?

Ah-ah
Ooh-ooh
Ah-ah
Ooh-ooh

While Michael sang the last lyrics of the song, he let the rest of the music play out as the song finally concluded. Once David gave him a thumbs up, he walked out of the recording booth and asked,

"What do you think? Was it good?"

David said in utter amazement, "Was it good? Michael, that was amazing! This is gonna be the song of the century!"

I said with a proud smile as I walked over to my man, 

"Baby, you were incredible!"

Michael gladly replied, "Thank you, Nippy."

And we both gave each other a sweet kiss on the lips. At this point, I was about six months pregnant and was definitely beginning to show more and more. I remember initially being so afraid of Michael would viewing me as less attractive as a big, pregnant woman. Reason being, that's what happened with Bobby. 

As I started to get bigger with Bobbi Kristina, Bobby started becoming more distant from me and showed me a little less love in bed. But to my surprise, Michael loved me all more for it. Everyday, he would show me in small ways how much he loved me and the child growing inside me. I thank God everyday knowing that I'm finally with my soulmate.

And just think! We were just about three months away from meeting our son or daughter. I can't wait to see how they're gonna turn out!

Michael said to me, "And hey, listen! Thank you for coming to the recording studio with me. It really means a lot to me to have your support."

I replied, "Thank nothing of it, my love! I'm glad that I finally got to see you work your magic in the recording studio! And Baby, I gotta tell you... That song was incredible! I can't even imagine anyone else writing a song as impactful as that."