Chapter 51: You'll Never Stand Alone

Whitney's POV

As I made my way up the stairs, my heart and mind began to race with so much pain and guilt. I couldn't believe that my parents would try to crucify Michael and I for taking in Prince and Paris! Even after we explained the circumstances to them, they still wanted to act like stubborn asses and push away their new grandchildren!

 I couldn't believe that my parents would try to crucify Michael and I for taking in Prince and Paris! Even after we explained the circumstances to them, they still wanted to act like stubborn asses and push away their new grandchildren!

But what I especially couldn't believe was that my mother would act that way towards Prince! Sure, my mother could be tough and not always be the nurturing type among other things... But I never EVER thought that she could be this cruel towards an innocent toddler. That really pissed me the hell off! Prince was fourteen months old, he and Baby Paris were innocent in all of this.

As I soon came towards MJ and Prince's door, Leolah soon appeared in the doorway as if she were about to come and get me and Michael. Stopping there, I asked her quietly,

"Lele, what's going on? How are my babies?"

Leolah explained sadly as she shook her head,

"Not good. Nippy, I've tried everything, but I couldn't get Prince to stop crying. And MJ and the girls are upset too. I sent the girls to play in their room for a bit while MJ's staying with Prince. Good God! I knew Mama Cissy could be tough, but I've never seen her like this!"

Whitney said, "I know. I have no clue what's gotten into her or my father for him to agree with her. We explained everything to them and–"

All of a sudden, we heard Baby Paris crying from the nursery that was two doors down. Looking to Leolah, I asked her,

"Lele, could you take care of Paris while I go talk to the rest of the children? Michael should be up here pretty soon."

Leolah responded, "Of course, Whitney."

And with that, Leolah went to the nursery to tend to Baby Paris while I walked into the boy's bedroom to see a visibly upset MJ holding his little brother as Prince was letting out these heart wrenching wails.

Standing in the doorway, I said to them, "Boys, can Mommy come in and talk to you?"

MJ nodded and I walked into the room, coming closer to the boys as I asked,

"Are you two doing okay? I know what happened down there a bit ago was really rough."

MJ explained emotionally, "Mama, why was Grandma being so mean to Prince? He didn't do anything! I was the one that rolled the car under her seat and he was trying to get my car back for me! Why was she being mean to my little brother?!"

Kneeling down to his level, I said to him,

"MJ, what happened earlier wasn't your fault nor Prince's. Your Grandma... She's just having a hard time accepting that Prince and Paris are a part of our family now. The way she spoke to you and your brother was unacceptable, and your Daddy and I spoke with her and Grandpa about that... I'm so sorry that all of you had to go through that."