Chapter 39: I Just Can't Stop Loving You

Time Skip!

It has been eight months since Leolah was hired to be the children's nanny, and both Michael and Whitney were at the top of their games! While the family stayed in their New York Penthouse and New Jersey Mansion, Whitney managed to complete filming on her new movie, The Preacher's Wife by May. Michael on the other hand was preparing to go on the HIStory Tour within the next few weeks.

In the meantime, the children and Leolah were staying in New Jersey with Cissy and John Houston while both Michael and Whitney were in Brunei to perform at Princess Rashidah, the eldest daughter of the Sultan of Brunei, Hassanal Bolkaih's wedding reception at the Jerudong Park Amphitheatre.

Whitney's POV

August 24, 1996

Child! Time has flown by so quickly over the past few months!

Hiring Leolah as our nanny was the best decision we could've made! She is absolutely great with our children and very much helpful for Michael while I was busy filming for The Preacher's Wife.

But more so, Leolah is a great auntie to Bobbi Kristina. Seeing her bond with Kristina again reminded me of how helpful and kind she was whenever she would watch while Bobby and I would have our explosive fights.

In the meantime, Michael and I landed in Brunei the day before and were currently at the Jerudong Park Amphitheatre for me to perform a concert for Princess Rashidah's wedding reception. She is the eldest daughter of the Sultan of Brunei, Hassanal Bolkaih and she asked for me to perform for her Wedding Reception.

Knowing that Michael and I are accepted by people and cultures that were outside of our own is an absolute honor for the both of us. To think, a little girl from Newark, New Jersey is now getting the chance to sing for royalty! That's an honor within itself!

A few hours later...

The show was an absolute success!

I performed various songs like I Wanna Dance With Somebody, How Will I Know, I Will Always Love You, The Greatest Love of All, and so much more!

At one point though, a really huge bug came flying onto the stage and basically took over the show! I remember looking to the wings of the stage to see Michael cackling in the corner! Child! I would like to see how he handles a bug on stage and see how he likes it!

Anyways, I had just finished performing the song, Shoop Shoop from the Waiting to Exhale Soundtrack.

Before we could all say our goodnights, I had one more performance up my sleeve!

I went on to say as the crowd cheered me on and the music to the next song started playing,

"Thank you! Thank you! Now before I end this, there's one more song I would like to sing. It's a special performance that I am dedicating to Princess Rashidah and her new prince. Now this is a duet that I was originally picked to sing, but unfortunately was never able to. But that changes now, and I would like to welcome to the stage my duet partner. My husband and the love of my life, Michael Jackson!"