Chapter 16: The Baby Shower Pt. 2

Michael's POV

While Whitney, our mothers, and my sisters were all inside the main house with the other women, all of the men and I were having a small little celebration of our own outside in a party tent that was close by the amusement park.

The men that consisted of this celebration were my father and future father in-law, to my brothers, Eddie Murphy, James Brown, Chris Tucker, Macaulay Culkin, Whitney's two brothers, Arne Naess Jr., Larry Fortensky, Bebe Winans, and Whitney and I's nephews.

As we all conversed amongst each other, suddenly, Chris Tucker and Eddie Murphy came up to me with the latter saying,

"Man! Congratulations on your first baby, Mike!"

I reply with a smile while holding my champagne glass, 

"Thank you, guys! I just can't wait for this baby to arrive already."

Eddie went on to say, "Man, I tell you! There is nothing more honoring and fulfilling, than becoming a father. Just looking at that little baby in your arms, it just makes your life all the worth more living."

Nodding in agreement, I replied,

"I couldn't agree more with you. You have no idea how long I've wanted to be a father."

Chris said, "Just don't forget about how hard it's gonna be once the baby is born. With all of those late nights of getting up with it, changing all of it's stinky diapers, and all of the crying."

I shook my head and responded with a chuckle, "I'm not too worried about that. I'm already a stepfather to Bobbi Kristina, so I do have a pretty good idea on what it means to be a father."

Eddie said in realization, "Oh, yeah! That's right! With you and Whitney getting hitched, that means Bobbi Kristina gets to be your step-daughter! Congrats, Man!"

Chris said in amazement, "Yeah! You and The Voice?! You two are gonna be known as the power couple of the century!"

I smiled and replied, "I know! Now that I have Whitney back in my life, I'm just glad that I'm finally going to be doing what I should've done a long time ago. Marrying the true lady in my life. Now Eddie, I hope there's no hard feelings between you and I. After all, I know you did have a thing for Whitney in the past."

Sometime after Whitney and I broke up, she began seeing Eddie for a while. They did seem to hit it off just fine, but Whitney didn't see their relationship going anywhere, so she stopped seeing Eddie.

Eddie said shaking his head, "Not at all, Mike! You don't need to worry about that. If I'm being honest, I'd rather it you being married to Whitney than Bobby. Man! That guy was the worst!"

I replied in agreement, "I know! He's got a goddess like Whitney for a wife, and then he goes and cheats on her three times? Not to mention, with two women at the same time? What a dumbass!"

Eddie said, "I know, man! I knew right from the start that Bobby was no good. So much so... That I actually tried to talk Whitney out of marrying that fool on their wedding day."

"