Chapter 21: I Think My Water Broke

Michael's POV

September 8, 1994

6:05 PM

We had just finished opening up the VMA's, and it couldn't have gone any greater. Knowing that Whitney and I are adored by so many of our fans and fellow entertainers just shows that love will always prevail over any lie the media tries to spew out.

Walking up to Robyn, Whitney asked, "Robyn? How did we do?"

Robyn answered, "Whitney, you and Michael were amazing! You two literally had that crowd on their feet. I'm telling you guys, you two are the couple of the century!"

With a smile, I said, "Thank you, Robyn."

Whitney said, "Yeah, girl! We appreciate it."

Robyn nodded and said as she began to guide us to our dressing room,

"Thank nothing of it! Anyways, now we gotta talk about how to get you guys in the audience as safely as possible. And I think the best way to do that is..."

As we were walking further backstage and Robyn kept talking, suddenly, Whitney stopped and gasped, grasping her stomach!

Concerned for her, I asked, "Whitney, are you alright?"

Robyn asked as she came by her friend's side,

"Girl, what's wrong?"

She went on to say with panic written all over her face,

"Uh, Oh!

Worried, I asked her, "Whitney, tell us what's wrong."

Whitney answered nervously, "I think my water broke."

Looking down, I saw a huge puddle of fluid where Whitney was standing.

Having a strong feeling, I asked, "D-Does this mean-"

Before I could even ask, Whitney looked me in the eyes and said with a nod,

"Yes, Honey... It's time."

My heart nearly stopped at that moment

My heart nearly stopped at that moment. Our baby was coming! Right here at the VMA's?! Before I could go into a full blown panic, I saw two of my bodyguards, Bill Bray and Wayne Nagin along with my manager Sandy Gallin standing by our dressing room.