Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Something was going on, that was clear as day when Elena showed up, packing a bag with clothes in it.

I walked into her bedroom, leaning on the door frame. "Well, I thought you'd be staying at the Salvatore house for at least another week before coming back."

"I'm not coming back. Stefan wants to take me out for the day before tonight happens. I'm just bringing a few things, just in case."

My eyes glanced down at the ground, a sigh leaving my lips. I had heard about this great original vampire named Klaus who needed to kill my sister in order to activate his werewolf gene. Tonight, he was going to do that, and Klaus' brother Elijah was going to help my sister not die.

Whether that would actually happen or not, that was another case.

"Elena, I know we have our differences, but are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Why does everyone keep asking me that? It's my choice."

I put my hands up in defense, "I'm not telling you not to, I'm just making sure you understand what could happen."

Elena sighed in annoyance, looking at me, "Since when do you care so much about vampires and me?"

"I've always cared about you Elena, your my younger sister-"

"Half-sister."

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever. You're the one mad at me."

"Because you killed my parents!" Elena's voice rose.

"I didn't kill them!" I yelled back, stopping myself and calming my voice. "I don't want to fight with you. If something happens tonight, I don't want us to end like this. Can't we just, put this behind us?"

Elena threw the small bag over her shoulder, eyeing me, "I'm not going to die. And if I do, then at least I'll get to see mom and dad again."

Her voice proved she wasn't going to forget this. Instead, she stormed out, pushing past me. I sighed, standing at the top of the stairs as I looked down at Elena, "Elena, please!"

Elena said nothing and swung open the front door, slamming it shut behind her. I let out a sigh and sat on the top stairs, running my fingers through my long light brown hair.

As the night came and almost left, I found myself pacing my house slightly, waiting to hear from someone if my sister had made it or not.

The old saying, no news is good news, didn't apply this time.

Frustration overcame me and I quickly grabbed my jacket, throwing it on, before heading out to my car. The morning sun was just peeking out, barley lighting up the world. As I opened my car door, I paused, feeling this sting in my heart that made me grab my chest and kneel over.

My body ached and my head spun as I clung onto my car door for support. Even through the ache and pain, my ears still picked up on the sound of a growl behind me.

I quickly turned, finding a dark brown and light white wolf. The wolf's eyes poured into mine, seeming to stare hard at me.

That was the last thing I saw before my eyes fluttered closed and I felt my body collapse onto the ground.

Klaus POV

I felt the warm sun on my body, waking me up from an unconscious like sleep. My body felt the dirt and grass under me and I couldn't help but smile.

I had finally done it. I had unlocked my wolf gene and ran wild.

Clothes were thrown at me and my brother's voice was heard behind me. "You've been busy."

"That was amazing," I said, recalling most of the time I was in wolf form. I grabbed my clothes from the ground, quickly slipped them on as I asked my brother, "How long has it been?"

"Almost two days. The moon came and went yet you remained a wolf."

"Which means I can turn at will, then." I smiled, looking at my brother as I slipped my shirt on, "I remember every single kill."

Elijah turned his head slightly at me, "Do you remember the girl?"

My brows pulled together in confusion, unsure why Elijah would be calling out a single girl when I know I came across a few.

"Which one?"

"The one that was living in Elena's house," Elijah said, making my eyes look off. He continued, "I followed you, cleaned up your mess. Then you stopped. You came to the Doppelganger's house. There was a girl there, she saw you and collapsed. I went to return her inside but you..."

I looked at my brother quickly, "I what?"

"You wouldn't let me. I stepped near the house and you growled, threatening to bite me it seemed."

"So what did you do with her?" I asked, curious and almost worried.

Elijah shrugged, "You wouldn't let me leave her there so I took her back to the apartment. I figured she would be safe there."

"With Katherine to watch over her?" I scuffed and shook my head, "Great idea, brother."

"You wouldn't let me do anything else. Who is she?"

I threw my hands out, shrugging, "I don't know, I haven't seen her yet, have I? As far as I knew, Elena was the only Gilbert I knew of."

Elijah's eyes staid on me, seeming curious as I looked off in annoyance. "Well them, I guess I better see what all the fuss is about."

With that, my brother and I left, heading to the apartment.

As I walked in, Katherine looked over at us from the chair. "About time you two got here. The girl still hasn't woken up. I'd think she was dead if I couldn't hear her breathing."

My eyes went to the bed where the girl laid before going wide. My mouth parted in shock as I slowly walked over to the sleeping girl. Aislinn. The girl I had met just days ago in the bar. The girl that I was drawn to in a way I couldn't explain.

At the sight of her, I recalled yesterday morning. I was running, being drawn to something or someone. I saw Aislinn as she collapsed. I wouldn't let Elijah take her unless he brought her here.

She's Elena's sister? They look almost nothing alike.

I knelt by the bed, looking at Aislinn before reaching out and moving a piece of hair from her face. Her head moved with my touch before going back to the pillow.

"Niklaus? Who is she?" Elijah asked, pulling me back to my senses.

Quickly I stood, "Someone I met a few days ago."

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and turned towards the door, smirking. Walking over to it, I opened the door, finding Stefan there.

"You just keep popping up, don't you?"

"I need your help."

"Well, have the tables turned," I said, letting Stefan in. He stepped inside as he spoke, "It's my brother, he..." His words drifted off as he spotted Aislinn on the bed. "Aislinn?" He ran over to her, "What did you do to her?"

Katherine shrugged, "That seems to be the question of the hour."

I heard the sound of a small groan before Aislinn's eyes opened and she sat up. She looked around, confusion on her face, "Stefan?"