Chapter 15

Chapter 15

The distant sound of music playing is heard, coming from one of the many rooms. I follow the sound, finding myself standing in the doorway and watching as Kol, Finn, and Elijah are trying on suits and Rebekah is getting her nails painted.

All of them were getting ready for this ball Esther decided to throw, inviting half the town. Somehow, I got roped into it too.

Kol, seeing me in the reflection on the mirror, smiled, "Since my dear sister won't tell me how good I look, Aislinn, how do I look?"

I lean on the doorframe, "Like less of an ass," I smirk and everyone cracks a smile, Rebekah letting out a laugh. Kol's eyes narrow on me and he vamp-speeds over, grabbing me lightly. His eyes focus on me in a compelling way, "Tell me I look handsome."

Elijah's voice is heard behind Kol, "You can't compel her Kol. Only Niklaus can compel and heal her."

"Well, that's a bore," Kol said and released me before walking back over to the mirror.

Suddenly, Klaus storms in, going straight for Rebekah. "You went after Elena? What is wrong with you?!"

"Here we go," Rebekah rolled her eyes. "I was just simple saying hello," She said with a smirk.

Klaus looked pissed, "Do you want another dagger in your heart?"

"Klaus," I say and he turns, looking at me.

It all probable would have ended there but Kol had to speak up, "Again with the dagger threats? Don't you have any other tricks?"

"Oh, go back to staring at yourself."

"And who are you, my father?"

Klaus looked at his brother, pissed, "No, Kol, but you're in my house."

"Then perhaps we should go outside."

Before any actions can be taken, Esther walks in, freshly washed and clothed. "Enough! All of you," Her eyes go to me, "Aislinn, I'd like to speak with you." She walked into a separate room, leaving me to glance at Klaus before following.

We were in the study, Esther already in a chair, waiting for me. "Please, close the door." I did as told, closing the door before taking a seat across from her. "I'm sure you have many questions."

That's an understatement.

"I guess, how are you alive? Klaus told me he killed you, I saw it... in my head anyways."

"When I died the witch Ayana preserved my body with a spell. She was a close friend of mine, an ancestor of your friend Bonnie."

My eyes glanced down, "I wouldn't call her my friend."

Esther tilted her head slightly at me, "You're not very close with your family, are you?"

"I once was. Elena and I were close, we'd have movie nights, sneak out and talk about guys. She was my best friend. Then when our parents died, everything changed. She hates me, she wants me dead," My eyes look down at my hands. "Truthfully, I don't blame her. Sometimes I look at what I'm done and I think I should be dead too."

"You're talking about your relationship with my son, Niklaus."

She wasn't wrong.

"You seem to know about it more than I do," I said, looking at her.

Esther smiled, "I have been on the other side for a very long time. You learn a lot from the witches."

"Like what?"