Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I sat at a long table, a fresh stake and salad in front of me. My fork dug into the salad as I shoved it into my mouth.

"Good?" Niklaus' voice said across from me.

One of Niklaus' hybrid servents walked over, filling my glass with wine.

"Well, you did compel a chief to make food, so I have to say it's good," I said, putting a piece of stake into my mouth. You still haven't told me why I'm here."

Niklaus leaned back in his chair, gesturing to the beautiful home he had compelled his way into. "And here I thought you would enjoy the new scenery, especially since you can't even stay in your own home without being attacked."

I glared at him, "Damon surprised me, that's all. Besides, you're the reason he did it."

"My apologizes again," He said with a nod.

A sigh left my lips and I sat back in my chair, looking at Niklaus. "So, are we going to talk about it?"

"About what?"

"Everything. Who Mikael is. When we actually first met. What Gloria had said."

I had told Niklaus two days ago what Gloria's thoughts were on what was happening with him and me. He shot that down quickly.

Niklaus rolled his eyes, "I told you, you have nothing to worry about."

"Really? Because when Damon and Stefan mentioned Mikael you were terrified. And you don't get scared, Niklaus."

"Why do you call me Niklaus still?" He asked, curious.

I leaned on the table, "Why don't we play a game. You ask me a question, I answer. I ask you a question, you answer. If you don't answer then I don't answer."

Niklaus said nothing, seeming to not agree or disagree with my game.

"I'll go first, who is Mikael."

"What, no easy question to start off?"

"Fine, how many siblings do you have?"

"5, Rebekah, Elijah, Kol, Finn and Henrik. Henrik died young, before vampires," Niklaus said and looked at his hands.

My eyes looked at my hands. That's a lot of Mikaelson's.

Niklaus spoke up, "Why do you call me Niklaus?"

I shrugged, looking back at him, "Because everyone calls you Klaus. They call you this big bad hybrid, a monster. You're not a monster to me, so I call you Niklaus." Niklaus shifted in his chair, his mouth parted in slight shock at my words. "Do you want me to call you something else?"

"You can call me Nik. My father called me Niklaus, and I'd prefer not to be called by that again."

I stared at him, my mind somehow putting the pieces together in my mind one by one. My mouth parted, "Michael... He's your father. He wants you dead, and he knows how to kill you. That's why you're scared of him, that's why everyone keeps looking for him."

Klaus stood up, "We're done." He started to walk out of the dining room and towards the livingroom, causing me to run and follow him.

"Klaus, wait! Klaus!" I grabbed his arm and made him turn around, "I'm sorry, okay. I'm sorry. I just... I want to understand."

"You don't need to understand," he said and continued walking.

I watched him walk away, "I know I met you before the bar." He stopped, his back still to me. My feet slowly made my way to him. "I know you and I have been connected since my parents died. Which means if Gloria's right, which I think she is, you and I met that day. And you sensed something too."