Chapter 1 (Lan Family)

The Lan family is a military family in the country of Wei Kingdom. Wei Kingdom is a powerful and rich country, this is due to the strength of the army and also the rules and regulation that upholds the Kingdom prosperity. The Lan family has been generals for the country since not even sure how many centuries ago. Everyone knows that the Lan family uphold their loyalty and honour to the Emperor where there is not even a hair of doubts that would damage the reputation of the Lan family. It is not that no royals uncles or even brothers of the Emperor has not dip their hands into greed and wanted to overthrow the Emperor by gifting and urging for cohesion with the family of Lan to overthrow the existing Emperor for power and greed. However, the generation of Lan family has always being loyal till death to the Emperor. Every child has been born are to bear this ideology and even have their own military books that would pen down the rules to guide and protect the Emperor even if it means their own lives are at stake. This kind of royalty has passed down from generation to generation. There are quite a few attempts in the past to taint the family name of Lan but the righteous and honesty of the Lan is something that no one dare to joke about. The Lan family is like the precious gem that every country emperor would love to have in their family. Other than the Emperor, the next powerful military man would be the descendant of the Lan family. There characters and the upbringing of the Lan family has always being admire by every Emperor that are sitting on the throne at that time. Most of the time, the Emperor would either betrothed their prince of princess to the family of Lan in order to form an unbreakable bond with the Lan.

However, the Lan family, since the present generation has never has a daughter and so the alliance hasn't been formed. The present Head of the Lan family is General Lan Zong. Lan Zong has three son and Lan Yiyuan is the oldest son of the three brothers. When he become twenty-two years old, the reign of the family has already been passed onto him. This is because the Senior Lan, the old General had suffered some internal injuries during on the battle of the war, he was fighting for the old Emperor who has already passed away and leave the throne to the present Emperor Wei Zuan. During one of the battle lead by the then old Emperor Wei Zuan and followed on by his mighty Lan general Lan Yiwei (Lan Yiyuan's father) at that time the old General Lan, who blocked a knife for the old Emperor but still the Emperor suffered a knife cut from the other attacker. In order to ensure the son of Heaven is in perfect health. The old Lan General passed all his internal Qi to the older Emperor which he did it against the Emperor order because the Older Emperor really treasured the General. This kind of loyal subjects is really rare and precious and thus the Old Emperor has actually given the Lan family a precious sword by the name of "Bichen" which only the Lan Family head is able to have it. The Bichen is made from a raw metal that would cut through any metal or even stones and there are only two of these swords, the other one that the Emperor holds is "Subian" which is the personal and private sword for the Emperor and his next heir in line. The "Subian" and the "Bichen" are said to be a pair of it. When these two swords are combine together, it has formidable strength and force that so far no one has ever seen it before. The two pair of sword were obtained during one of the war where they rescued a very tiny country known as the "Yuan" country. The country is small and it is run by an old Emperor, at that time, the opposing country is Wen Country who are relatively strong at that time. After rescuing he old Emperor of the "Yuan" country and since the country is not well off, the Old Yuan Emperor presents the pair of swords to the old Wei Emperor and at the same time since the General Lan was also around, he told the Wei Emperor to gift one to his most loyal subordinates and the old Emperor natural gift it to the person that save his life and thus to the Lan Old General at that time. The "Yuan" Emperor then told the Old Wei Emperor that the sword will find it destiny and when it is in the hand of the destined person, the light of the sword will grow.