Chapter 32 (Meeting the Royal Family)

"I-I better be g-going..." Zhan Xian lower his head but his eyes still looking at Wangyi with so much longing and love but he doesn't want to talk too much as he is worried that Wangyi might recognize him. It is not pleasant to find out that your friend is actually going to be your spouse and thus, this kind of matter needs a good time for some good explanation.

General Lan and Xichen were both shocked by the appearance of the third prince and so they rushed forward to greet him again

"Third Prince" both slightly bow and nod their head

"Do you know who is behind those assassins?" General Lan looks furious as it is shown on his brows but yet he tries to maintain his anger and trying to be a calm mountain.

Zhan Xian looks at him and knows that General Lan is anxious and so is him

"The leader commit suicide and I know they are from the Black Shadow, the tattoo on the neck shows it" Zhan Xian told the General and Xichen

"Black Shadow, they are very highly paid assassins" General Lan told Zhan Xian

Wangyi is standing a little distance away but he looks curious and so he nose himself forward and look at them

"Whoever behind this assassination has deep pockets" Xichen exclaims and he seems worry

Zhan Xian knew their anxiety and so he nods his head

"Father had arranged for Wangyi to stay in Lianhua Palace which is just behind my mother and also father will put royal trusted guards around her" Zhan Xian assured the father and son, who just breathe a sign of small relieve and still doesn't totally look convince.

Just then a little cute head sneak out from the group of men, his face is like an angel, fair and cute, looking them with his cheeky misty eyes and a little pair of cherry lip.

"Is there a Lotus pond in the Lianhua (lotus in Chinese) palace?" the cute Wangyi just interested to know more about his living palace.

Yiyuan shakes his head but looking at his cute child, his eyes soften like cotton.

"Yes, there are lotus plant with beautiful flowers, do you like it" Zhan Xian asks with his hoarse voice.

Wangyi looks at him and answer

"Hm" then he nods his head but his eyes is on the third prince sharp and clear

"Can I play in the lotus pond?" Wangyi asks cutely, he is thinking of maybe fishing or boating in the pond.

Zhan Xian is quite surprised because all the royalties are not into anything fun except maybe hunting, playing in the pond, that is a new score.

"Huh? How to?" Zhan Xian looks surprise but still his hoarse voice echos

"You mean how to play?, mmmmm..... too many ways. I-I wi-will...." before the cheeky Wangyi can continue, General Lan interrupted

"Lan Wangyi!" General Lan calls his loving child in full name, to try and catch his attention. Wangyi heard his full name and was shock

"Lan Father, why huh!" Xichen and Zhan Xian couldn't help it but let out a giggle with with the both father and son.

Little Wangyi pouts and looks at his father with his cheeky eyes

"My third Prince, this child is playful but he is actually also a very intelligent one, don't be misled by his playfulness and when time for real action and planning, he can be one" Lan Yiyuan is actually worry that too much display of Wangyi playfulness will make the prince doubts whether he marry a child or a useful person which is what worries the general. This is the heart and soul of a father, he just wanted Wangyi to have a good husband that treasure him.