Chapter 7 (Wei Zong and Ching er)

Chapter 7 (Emperor Wei Zong and Ching er)

On the other side of the world, there is another family, a very powerful and strong family because they are the royal Wei Family. The Emperor Wei Zong who is not in his early fifties, he loves his children and tries to treat them all the same but being the Emperor is never easy, what people see is only a scratch in the surface. Wei Zong life is busy running such a big and powerful country, although he has some trusted officials like the Lan family and some of the other families but still he has headache among some of their fights and disagreements. This is especially so when he married the Prime Minister Zhou Dang's eldest daughter Zhou Ting Ting.

When Emperor Wei Zong was the crown prince, he was taught to be a very obedient boy from his Empress Mother. This is because Wei Zong was groomed from young to be an Emperor, after all being the first born and also from the Empress, the throne is rightly his. Although, he does has half a dozen of brothers and also a few sisters but the inheritance rights is his and his alone only. Thus, Wei Zong also learn the rules of obeying the parents for marriages. Thus, his empress was chosen by his mother Empress who has smartly matched Wei Zong with the Primes Minister which will path the way for support when Wei Zong ascend the throne and lead the country by being the Emperor. When Wei Zong was twenty- four years old he became the Emperor and he also married Zhou Ting Ting and immediately she was appointed to be the Empress because of her father. Their marriage is more of political reasons than of love. At that time, Wei Zong has never experienced true love, he just obey his parents as marriage is decided by parents and not the children, this is the traditional customs where even the royals follows.

Zhou Ting Ting is not an ugly woman, she is considered an above average looking girl when Wei Zong married her. In fact Wei Zong already heard of her, she is the eldest daughter of the Prime Minister and she is terrible spoilt. Wei Zong has no choice or her rather doesn't need to make any choice because there wasn't any choice of his own at that time, all the women that are his empress or concubines are just women that are prepared for him. He sees everyone woman as the same but his empress has more temper or is more demanding than ever. Being young at that time, he doesn't want to have an commotion with his empress and he just learn to manage the country and slowly gain confident and also power to rule the country. The empress gave him two sons which he also love dearly.

However, life changes only when he met Ching er. Ching er is an exceptional beautiful person. Not only that, she has a very soft and obedient manner if things doesn't go against her upbringings. Although, Wei Zong doesn't know at that time what is love, being born in a royal family where he is always careful and cautious of others. He learnt how to love from Ching er when Ching er exhibit love towards him. Ching er is such a considerable and caring person with an genuine heart and she never even asks for an returns from Wei Zong, that is where Wei Zong learn the true meaning of love. Wei Zong loves her so much that he even thought of changing empress just to be fair to the woman who loves him with her full heart. However, Ching er disagrees with Wei Zong when he wanted to make her the empress. This is because Ching er think more of Wei Zong power support from the Prime Minister. This has truly touched the heart of Wei Zong, how his beloved sacrifices for him. Ching er is not only beautiful but she is also a very wise woman which manages the children very well. Thus, when Wei Zong found his true love, he doesn't even wanted any of the other concubine or even his empress, this is because he only has eyes for the beautiful Ching er.

However, after becoming the concubine of Wei Zong, and in order to protect Ching er, the security was extremely tight for her and the children, the two boys lived with Ching er till they are ten years old and then starts their marital arts training but they were taught poem, art and literacy in their mother's palace at the age of four. The eldest child from Ching er is Wei Zhan Xian who has all the features of his mother plus the sternness of the father. Wei Zhan Xian is so good looking with his beautiful double lids eyes and pointy nose and those thick brows that every man dreams of. he has a pair of thin lips and even a tiny mole below it. Wei Zong especially dotes on Zhan Xian because he looks a lot like the mother and he is highly intelligent and skills in wars art and marital arts. The second son is Zhan Ang inherited the soft nature of the mother, while the oldest son Zhan Xian is an exemplar of the father's stern and serious manner at the appropriate times. Zhan Ang loves arts and he is a very creative person, he loves invention. Zhan Ang is five years younger than Zhan Xian and they have a very bonded brotherly relationship.