Chapter 11 (The betrothed)

The strange thing is no one has seen the general's daughter but to everyone's guess is she must be a beauty, after all the wife of the general is very beautiful for those that have seen her and the general is also very handsome. Looking at their edlest son Xichen who is good looking as well, the daughter cannot be far off.

The emperor then make his decision

"The General's daughter will be betrothed to Xian er, I will arrange for the edict now", The serious emperor had made his decision.

Ching er was shocked by the sudden marriage proposal, she has some inside of what is in Wei Zong mind but this is too sudden and she also worries about her son's reaction. This is because for the past twenty years, Zhan Xian has been enjoying his carefree life, although he is the prince, he has actually able to experience some of outside life. Wei Zong has given him lots of freedom, he also from the age of thirteen would sometimes take small trips with his one and only highly skilled master, Master Tang San. Ching er sigh heavily

"Husband, is this the only way?" Ching er asks her dear husband

"Mn, although I am the emperor and I know the loyalty of General Lan, but the love of a parent can be beyond the ocean and sky, I have to do all I can to prevent this uproar. I don't want our two children to be in any danger, especially you. I love my other two children but....., their minds and souls can be poisoned by their mother" Wei Zong sigh heavily too, thinking of his other two children whom he does love but he also knew his own empress's evil deeds.

Ching er nods her head, she is a freedom fighter and she believes in true love however, she also knew the decision made by the husband is for the good of the nation and also for the household and she cannot be a straight minded person and ruin the nation and as she think about it, there might also be a chance that her eldest son who has no interest in anyone yet will falls in love with the General's daughter whom mother has been rumoured to be a great beauty and she did have a chance to see the General's eldest son who is handsome like the father, thus it could be like Love at first sight between her husband and herself.

She bow slightly to her husband which she had not done for a long time to give her sincere approval.

"Husband, forgive your wife for meddling in your thoughtful decision. I know you have the nation and our family in your heart" Ching er love for Wei Zong has grows every day for Wei Zong devotion to her has never wavered which is hard as an emperor he is constantly tempted by the official offering their beautiful daughters to him constantly to be his concubines but Wei Zong is so firm in this matter that all the officials stops offering them at all.

Wei Zong turns to his beautiful wife

"In this palace, we are husband and wife, thank you for allowing me to enjoy a blissful couple relationship and this will not change forever. As my beloved wife, you can ask anything under the sky" Wei Zong told his wife.

Ching er as always has been so touched by her devoted husband's love

"husband, I will fully support your decision and I know you did this for the good of our son, let's thank the heavenly God and ask for blessings upon our children" Ching er told the emperor and both of them kneel down to face the heaven and pray in silence. Ching er prayed for her sons happiness and Wei Zong pray for peace and calm in the country.

Emperor Wei ZOng then helps his wife to stand up and then he shouted

"Paper and pen and bring in the royal edict" the emperor shouted and immediately the chief eunuch who is waiting outside rushes in with all his preparation.