Chapter 39 (I am missing you)

Wangyi then looks at his brother Lan Xichen and notices that although his brother is talking to him but his ears are turning pink and his eyes are stealing glances at the princess. Also, when the cute head turns to look at the princess, also notices that the princess ears are also turning pink and trying to avoid looking at Xichen.

Those pink ears are funny and cute and so Wangyi unconsciously speaks

"How come both of you have pink ears!"

Although Wangyi only mumbles to himself but this could be heard by all of them. The cute Wangyi just couldn't hide this exclamation. Lan Xichen is really shy now and worst of all, is the princess who is often a very open person and now she looks like a shy little girl.

The emperor is a very experienced person and thus he can of course see the hidden sparks between his daughter and the handsome young man. However, whoever wants to have his daughter is of course not as easy, even though, he knows how good Lan XIchen is. He has total trust in the Lan family especially looking at Wangyi. However, to the emperor looking for a good husband for Mng Ming is definitely very important because this is the only child of his beloved decreased sister and he had promise to take good or maybe extra care for her being a daughter and all.

The emperor then invite the young man to join in for the snack and tea. This actually shocked all the servants and eunuch. It is such a great honour to be able to see the emperor when you are not invited, however, to be invited to join in a meal, maybe one of the star in the sky has dropped down to earth. Thus, this is a extremely rare honour and when Xichen heard it, he almost pee his pant, almost. He had cold sweat but he quickly stable himself and bow so low that he almost lost his balance, making Wangyi almost wanting to support him and the princess almost couldn't control and giggles loudly.

"T-Thank you, y-your m-majesty... my great honour" Lan XIchen bow till his back is so outstretch making the emperor couldn't help but hold his hand and teases him

"Ah.. this young man had great and strong backbone. I like it" the emperor teases

Of course the emperor has double meaning, he means physically Xichen is strong and healthy but character wise, he is saying that Xichen has a good and strpng character of being upright.

"Come and sit down" the emperor commands and Xichen quickly takes a seat beside Wangyi.

Xichen and Wangyi has some differences. Wangyi is not so nervous because he doesn't grow up in Wei Country and thus he takes things more casually, not that he doesn't have respect for the emperor but Xichen grow up in the military training camp, thus the law and rules of the emperor is like God to him.

The meal was pleasant and harmonious, however, not everyone enjoys it thoroughly due to being nervousness.

The medicine has been set up fast due to the emperor's chief eunuch personally overseeing it. The palace servants knows how important this is and so this is the top priority for all the palace servants working in the Lianhua Palace. The emperor also gives strict instruction not to let anyone knows about the setting up of the medicine room and thus only few servants are involved. The medicine room are strengthen and enforce with extra door and lock. Also it has two palace guard guarding it day and night. It is also hidden inside the Lianhua palace making it difficult for anyone to detect it.

Wangyi is truly busy for the whole week, he study those medicine book day and night, going into the medicine room, trying to concoct the cure. He even goes into Ching'er Palace and personal take swap from the salvia of Ching'er.