Chapter 16- Coma

Wesley's POV

Pain
That's what I felt when I became aware of my being alive.
Excruciating pain from the crown of my head to the sole of my feet. But apart from all the skull crushing pain, I was scared. No, not scared, I was terrified. No, petrified. Because I was awake when Amara had forced me to drink that funny tasting green liquid. I remember how it had started as a simple burn of my throat. Before it had traveled down to my stomach and had set it on fire. I recalled how the child within me, had begun to claw and kick at the inside of my stomach like crazy. I was so scared at that time as horrifying questions began to run through my mind.

"What was that liquid?'

'Did it harm my baby?'

'Is my baby ok?'

'Am I not a good parent because I didn't fight hard enough?'

'Will Storm be disappointed in me if our child was to die?'

But before I could calm my unnerving mind, Amara had rested a long fingered hand on my swollen stomach. And that's when all hell broke loose. I remembered screaming at the top of my lungs, as the clawing and kicking in my stomach had become unbearable. It was if my child was trying to kick and claw its way out of my belly. And when blood had started to run from between my legs. I knew for sure that at that moment, my baby needed help.

Because not only had the crimson substance began to flow out of the hole that had once brought me so much pleasure. But it had begun to flow out of the hole that was provided by the goddess that would allow submissive male mates to give normal-like births. But then the next thing I knew, I had fainted. And even though at that time the world around me had gone black, that pain had followed me even in sleep. And damn, was I bawling my eye's out in my mind.

I desperately tried to focus on the muffled voices around me. It was loud and chaotic but all of a sudden it was silenced. And I was finally able to focus on a conversation that was in whatever room that I was in.
"Elaine, what's going on?"
I mentally smiled(because normal smiling was just so hard) as I heard my mate's voice. Just the worry for me that was in his voice, was enough to soothe the still painful tugging in my stomach.
There was a long sigh from who I assumed was this Elaine person, before she spoke confirming my suspicion.
"It may seem that because the child within Wesley was an innocent one sent from the goddess. And if Amara was to kill Wesley and the child in one blow, before the child had entered this sinful world, in turn becoming a sinner itself. Amara would've been cast away to rot in hell, for killing the child. So in order to rid the world of Wesley and your child without having been cast away. Amara had to speed up Wesley's birthing," Elaine explained, with a slight pain in her voice.
"So what Amara gave Wesley was just a potion to help Wesley give birth faster. He's due any day now so that's a good thing right?"
"Wrong, because Wesley is a guy. And his male birthing would be that of a normal human. So if the baby was to be born now, it would've came out deformed or still born."

I mentally gasped as worry began to cloud my mind. Not only could Vic with his hundreds of vervain dosages could've killed my baby. But Amara and her potion could have done that too and I would've never known until it was too late.
"But all our years of growing up our pack has been thought that male pregnancies are the same as she-wolves pregnancies," Storm stated.
"Yes that is true, werewolf male pregnancies are the same timing as she-wolves. But apart from Wesley being a guy. He is also a vampire and you're a werewolf. These pairings are very rare so there's no wonder you or any werewolf here would assume that."

"So Wesley will not be giving birth in three to four months. But nine?" Asked Storm.
"Yes that is correct."
"But...but."
"I know that this is hard to take in  Storm. But you must remember that a male's body wasn't made to carry a child, a woman's was. But due to the changing of times and the decreasing of the werewolf female and child population. The goddess has altered the submissive male's of your's and Wesley's species just a little bit."
"So what is Wesley and our child ok?" Came Storm's concerned filled voice.

It made my heart skip a beat knowing that my mate was so worried for our child and mine health. But it scared me senseless. That the child wasn't even born yet and I was already fucking up as a parent.
"Yes, Wesley and your child is ok. But because of all the pain and stress that he was under. His body had placed him into a coma. In Fact he can hear us right now, he just can't respond in any way just yet until his body heals properly," Elaine calmly explained.

And she was correct, though I could hear everything around me. From the rushing river a few miles away or the herd of deers running to their destination. I just couldn't speak or react. It was like I was trapped in my own mind just to listen and heal. Though I could already feel all the muscles that were torn slowly healing. I believe that I would have enough strength to open my eyes by tonight.
"So what now. Tell me what do we need to do now?" I heard Storm ask.
"Well, it may seem as if Alpha Killian has a very specific reason as to why he chose your pack as his son and Wesley's clan as his son's mate. And it doesn't look like he's going to give up anytime soon. So I would suggest that you go home and explain the situation to your pack and father. Though your pack and father hates vampires they know that there is nothing they can do because Wesley carries a child, your child to be exact. And your father isn't a heartless man or one to kill the innocent. So if you get the ok from him and approval from your pack. Have them double the security at the borders as well as keep a close eye on Wesley. And have your people be ready for war, because what I think Alpha Killian wants is to break you and your friends' mating bond with your vampire mates. Then we've got a way bigger problem. So you must protect Wesley, yourself, my grandson, Mary-kay, Markus, and Nolan at all cost. Because the loss of your mate's will not be one you young children will be able to handle. Unfortunately because of witches law my coven will not be able to host you. Because you guys are not severely injured or running from the enemy. At least we don't know for sure. Though we can keep Wesley here because he's pregnant. I know that you wouldn't want him out of your site. So you'll have to leave by tomorrow night or when Wesley wakes up in a few hours. Because if you don't the counsel will be up in my ass."
"That is understandable, thank you for all your help Elaine."
"Your very welcome Storm. Now you get some rest with the rest of your friend's. I will send someone to guard Wesley every hour shift. And don't worry this place is heavily protected by our witche's spells," Elaine proudly boasted. 
"You said that he could hear me?" Storm asked.
"Loud and clear," confirmed Elaine.

I heard rustling around, before a hand was placed over mine that was limply resting on my swollen stomach. Goosebumps rose on my skin as I felt Storm lean closer to my ear.
"I promise you that you, our friends and the baby will be ok," he stated before a soft kiss was placed on my forehead. 
I wanted so badly to open my eyes and smile up at my worried mate but it was just too hard and my eyelids were just too heavy. So I settled for just happily sighing allowing my mind and heated thoughts to rest.
Would we be ok? Only the goddess knows that.

Guys I'm sorry this chapter is so short but I'll make it up to you guys( someday). Anyways if you like this story and would like me to finish it. Please tell me in the comments. Bye for now and stay safe.

 Bye for now and stay safe