Chapter 18- The Ambassadors

Elaine's POV(yeah)

I watched as the group of young mate's took off into the woods, after they had howled a goodbye to us. I was a little scared for the group, but as much as my Coven and I wanted to help the youngsters even more. I knew we couldn't, not because I cared about getting into trouble for helping my grandson and his friends. But because I would have to ask my Coven for help, and I couldn't get them into any more trouble as I already had. So with one last prayer to the goddess for the group's safety. I made my way inside to await the arrival of the 'Ambassadors'.
"They'll be fine," came my granddaughter's voice as I entered the house.
"I know, it's just that...," I trailed off.
"You're worried about them, it's fine granny. But for now we have a Coven to take care of. So leave Oni and his friends in the goddess' hand. All we can do now is pray for their safe return and help them when needed," Abby stated with a serious voice.
"Who taught you how to give pep talks?" I joked, causing Abby to smile brightly.

'Huh how I loved that smile.

"You did granny," Abby left before I led her to the living room.
"So how are you feeling?" I asked her as she rested a hand on her still filled belly.
"I've been better, I just can't wait to see my baby."
I smiled at her as she caressed her stomach with a look of pure love.
"Have you spoken to Caleb since?" I asked as I began to pass my hand through her soft braided hair.
"Granny, he's human of course I haven't talked to him since that night," Abby stated.
"Well I was just wondering," I raised my hands in surrender.
A fake laugh escaped Abby's lips, before she got up.
"Well I'm going to look for Brittney," she breathed before she left causing me to sigh.
I knew I shouldn't have brought up Caleb, but I was just itching to ask about him.
"You know she's in love with that human right?" Asked Selene before she sat down next to me.
"Yeah, it's just that I don't know what to do," I said as I ran a hand through my hair.
"There is nothing you can do, he's human and she's a witch. She just had sex with him so she could get pregnant to keep our Coven's generations going. She wasn't supposed to fall in love," Selene said.
"But she did."
"Yes she did, and now she's depressed. But we can't give her what she wants, because if she goes back to the human and tells him that she's carrying his child and that she wants to be with him. She'll also have to tell him that she's a witch because she'll feel obligated to do so. And I don't know about you, but I'm not in the mood to lose my Third High Priestess. Because of humans' stupidity of not being able to accept us. You know that the first thing they think about when they hear about witches. They think of us as evil and demon worshipers. Stupid creatures," Selene ranted causing sigh.

But all in all, I knew she was right. Humans thought of us as evil beings, and to expose ourselves to them. Would be like calling for our deaths, not only from the humans but the counsel.
"But I can't help but feel bad," I began.

"What are you feeling bad for?" Asked Selene.

"If it wasn't for me picking her out of the group, then she would've never been so sad now," I whispered.

"It is a responsibility as Third High Priestess or as any witch in a coven for that matter. To mate with an outsider to produce our Coven's next generation. And Abby knows that. How do you think I had Brittney and you Darel?" Selene asked.

I sighed as I passed a hand down my face.

"You're right, she'll get over it," I said, more to myself than Selene.

"Good, now pull yourself together. Because I smell trespassers," Selene stated with a cold face causing me to  shoot up from my seat just as the doorbell rang.

Selene and I shared a look before we walked up to the door. I hesitantly opened it revealing two cutely dress__

"Children," both Selene and I said at the same time.