Chapter 6

Mr. Calvin Carter's has been looking for a way to tell Miss Willson he is sorry but he couldn't just say sorry to her. It had been four days and he hadn't been able to say sorry, Every time he tried to say sorry, he will just order her around, just to avoid saying sorry. He is too proud to say the word. Anytime he imagine himself saying sorry he just shook the thought off saying by saying he is the world famous business man and shouldn't apologize to people instead people should apologize to him. And also she makes up silly excuses in order to avoid him. It's Friday and the time is 7:35am and Cassie haven't brought his coffee yet. So he called the receptionist.
"Hello sir."
"Has Miss Willson arrived yet."
"No sir."
"Ok."
He kept looking at the time until he heard a knock on the door, he looked at the time again and it was 7:40am. " come in" he said. Cassie hurriedly walked in.
"Sir, your coffee, good morning sir, sorry I'm late ." Cassie said while panting.
"Morning Miss Willson, why are you late."
"I'm sorry sir, it's because of traffic."
" Traffic or is it because you overslept."
"No sir, it's because of traffic."
"Miss Willson let today be the first and last day you come to my office late."
"Ok sir."
"You can go now." He said.
Cassie walked out of the office after putting the coffee on the table and went to her office to start her work.

**********************
As usual Cassie had a hectic day at work, she was so happy when it's time for her to close from work, she quickly carried her bag and she walked out of her office towards the elevator, when she heard her name.
" Miss Willson."
"Sir, can I help you with something."
"No." He said.
"Ok." She said and was about to enter into the elevator.
"Where are you going." He asked.
"Home."
"Is it yet time."
"Yes."
"Ok, you can go."
Cassie entered the elevator and went to meet her friend Claire. They both hailed a taxi and went home together.

***************
Calvin Carter got home and immediately went to his office and continued his work. His mother walked inside the office.
"Calvin." She called out his and he turned his head towards her direction.
"Mom." He said.
"Calvin what wrong with you these past few days; you have been ignoring your sister and I. She came all the way from Paris, all because she wanted to spend time with her big brother and now here you are ignoring her and not even talking to her. Do you know how hurt she is; she feels like you don't want see her and she's like a burden to you." She walked closer to him and sat on a chair close to his.
"Mom, I'm sorry for ignoring the both of you. It's just that, I have been really stressed lately. " He said using his fingers to massage his temples.
"But you have never been stressed like this before, even when you are stressed about work you never ignore us." She said.
"Yes I know." He said.
"So tell me, what are you thinking about." She said.
"Nothing, maybe I just need to rest." He said looking at his mom. Even though he always tell her everything and never lied to her, but today was different he felt he shouldn't tell her about his personal assistant that he had started to have feelings for.
"So it is a girl." She asked and he immediately answered too quickly cutting her off.
"No, it's not a girl why should I think about a girl." He said.
"So, what is her name, is she beautiful, where did you guys meet, did you tell her how you feel?" She asked.
This is why he don't want to tell her anything, he thought to himself.
"Mom, I told you I'm not thinking about a girl." He said.
"Ok, if you say so, I was just curious to know if you were thinking about a girl." She said.
"So where is Katie." He asked.
"Well she has been in her room for a few days now and she always ask the maid to bring her food to her room. She no longer come down for breakfast, lunch or dinner. She just lock herself in her room all day. I think she miss you." She said.
"Yeah, I know, I bet she wouldn't want to look at me now." He said.
"Well, I got a solution to that." She said.
"So, what do you have in mind." He said.
"Well, let's go to the beach, so we can have some family time."
"Mom, you know I don't like going to the beach."
"Yes, I know but your sister love going to the beach." She said standing up.
"Why don't you think of something else." He said.
"We are going to the beach tomorrow and that's final and nothing will make me change my mind, so get ready." She said and closed the door behind her.
"Oh, God I hate going to the beach." He said and continued doing his work.

********************
Cassie entered the house and was welcomed by an aroma of apple pie from the kitchen, she was so excited that she was going to eat her mom delicious apple pie. She quickly walked to the kitchen and hugged her mom from behind, who was concentrating on the food she was cooking.
"Good evening mom." I said and kissed her cheeks and she smiled.
"Evening dear, how was your day." She asked.
"Well, it was good." I said.
"So, did you apologize to your boss for being rude to him." She asked.
"Mom, he should be the one apologizing to me. I mean, he was the one who was accusing me of having a boyfriend. And of course he shouldn't be interfering with my personal life. After all, he always say; " we are here for business not to eat or have fun." I said mimicking his voice.
"Cassie, you shouldn't talk to your boss like that, what if both of you fall in love and get married and he becomes your future husband." She said.
"Mom, don't say things like that, how can I get married to that kind of ugly man."
"Mmmh......ugly man you say, just be sincere to yourself and say he's handsome." She said.
"Mom."
"Well, think of it, if  any other girl were to be in your position, they will have a panic attack because they are working for the most handsome bachelor in California. And I'm definitely sure they will seize the opportunity to talk to him about their personal life." She said.
"Mom, I am not any other girl."
"You are just the boring girl, you can't even make friends with your boss."
"Mom all you talk about is making friends and getting married."
"Yes, of course, I will talk about you getting married because I want to start carrying my grandchildren . And I don't want my grandchildren calling me an old lady just like Mrs lane . Her grandchildren call her grandma of the 60's which depicts the name of a lady going way down on the age line."
"Mom you keep talking nonstop and I'm so hungry. How will I give you grandchildren if I die of hunger."
"Well I made apple pie just the way you like it ".
"Thanks mom."
"You're welcome sweetie." She said.
"Mom, remember we are going to the beach tomorrow."
"Yes, I remember and I got my swimsuit, sunglasses and everything I need ready."
"Well, that good to hear, because your childhood friend Flora is coming along with her daughter and it would be a good opportunity for all of us to catch up on time we've lost."
"That's right."
"Okay, pie's getting cold, join me, let's eat."

Please vote and comment.