Chapter 23

The ride to Calvin's house was uneventful until he turned at a point into another road. Cassie stared at him alarmed. Calvin just shook his head and told her not to worry. Cassie sat back and Calvin drove into a beautiful garden. He parked his car, got down and opened the door for Cassie. As she stepped out of the car, she gasped at the beautiful scenery in front of her. There was a beautiful waterfall with the statue of a swan. As Cassie took a step further to explore the garden, she heard a noise at her back and turned back to find Calvin on one knee. Her eyes met his as he asked her.

"Cassie please marry me."
Cassie shook her head and tried to get him up.

" Calvin, my father was the cause you lost  your's . You know I can't force you to marry me. Don't see it as an obligation. We can end this."

" Cassie I love you and you know that. You're different from your father and you know it." He looked at her eyes and told her.

" Tell me you don't love me and I'll leave you alone. "

  Cassie opened her mouth and closed it again, and then repeated the motion two other times. Calvin's stare for her to bare. She looked down, took a deep breath and said

"Calvin, I love you and I'll marry you."

Calvin smiled. The first contented smile in over a month. He took Cassie's left hand and slipped a beautiful ring on her middle finger. He got up and held her waist looking at her. This beautiful bride of his was going to be the death of him. He leaned in her ear

"This is one marriage I've been hoping for." He smiled as a wicked thought entered his head and then added

"I hope our children looks like you." He said immediately sending her into a fit of panic. She really was going to have children and she had no idea how she was going to do that . she had never even carried a baby in her arms. What was she going to do?

She looked up at Calvin who had a mischievous smile on his face and realised he was teasing her.

She smacked his chest . "you nearly gave me a heart attack."
Calvin grimed even wider.

       ***********************
Cassie walked down the aisle in a flowing white wedding gown. Her mother walked her down the aisle standing as her father. Calvin's sister was the maid of honour and although she tried to get attention to herself, everyone seemed to only be interested in the lady in white.

Calvin looked at His bride with contentment in his heart. This mysterious secretary of his had finally let him unravel her history. He couldn't  believe his luck. He looked at Cassie's eyes through the veil as they said their vows meaning each word of it and sealing it up with a passionate kiss much to the delight of their audience especially their mothers,  now contented that their children had finally settled down.

Calvin's mother looked at Cassie's mother who had become very close to her and together, they looked at Calvin's younger sister and looked back at each other smiling - she was next.

Please vote and comment
Thank you