Chapter 7

Calvin Carter banged angrily on his younger and only sister's door.
"Katie, get out here, it's already past ten and you don't have to make up when going to the beach."
"Oh, big bro, stop the gibbering. Just because you don't have a girlfriend doesn't mean I don't want a boyfriend. There'll be a lot of cute guys there and I want a hotshot on my arms by the end of the day." You should probably gym a little so you'll attract more sexy ladies. I want a beautiful sister in law you know."
"Stop being silly Katie, I'm going to the beach today only because I want to make up for being so busy since you came back from Paris.  And I will be leaving for the office a few hours after we get there because I have a lot of work, so definitely will not be having a beautiful or sexy or whatever girl you have in mind on my arms at the end of the day."
Although Calvin said the words with so much sarcasm and resentment dripping, his mind immediately went to Cassie as soon as he mentioned the word beautiful.
    He wondered if Cassie had forgiven him for yelling at her. She had taken every available opportunity to avoid him. "O well," he thought to himself, a day without seeing her was all he needed to get her out of his mind. With that thought, he proceeded to pack his family's swimsuit and snacks into his SUV.

**********************
Cassie and her friend Claire watched her mom and Mrs. Flora bond after so many years, She suddenly remembered that she hadn't called a taxi. She walked down the street and hailed down a taxi, informed the rest of them and then the journey to the beach began.

********************
Calvin and his family had gotten to the beach, had settled down, had some snacks and his sister had began flirting with every cute guy that passed introducing herself and her family to every man with blonde hair and blue eyes. Calvin was getting increasingly angry with his sister because she seem to have no control of her mouth. He looked at his watch and decided that in thirty minutes time, he would talk sense into his sister and leave for the office. The day had been a waste of time. He had spent two long hours lazing in the sun when he would have finished half the pile of work that awaited him in the office. Sighing, he got up, called his sister and began talking to her. He was almost through with his speech when he looked behind Katie, a few metres away he saw a breathtaking vision of long, brown wavy hair over pink bikini panties. He paused, attracting a questioning glance from his sister and then continued talking and then, the thought hit him. Cassie had brown, long wavy hair!
He quickly finished off his speech and excused himself under the disguise of checking something in his car. He walked towards his car, Only to turn back when he was sure he was no longer being watched and moved unnoticed towards Cassie. At least, he hoped it was her. But wait!
What was he going to say?, he had already gotten so close.
He stepped even more closer pretending to be feeling the sand against his feet and looked at her face.
      It was indeed her, only - a bit more revealing and shapely. All in all she stole his breath as she talked and laughed with the three women she sat with. Two looked older while he remembered the other as the head of his sales department.
     And then it happened, Cassie got up suddenly, laughing and going to get more snacks when she bumped into him, looked up at him startled and gasped. She opened her mouth as if to say something but closed it again. Then one of the older women called:
"Cassie, are you alright?"

**********************
Cassie snapped out of her shock and put some reasonably distance between her and her boss. What had she been thinking she thought angrily but her mother just looked at her and smiled. "O dear" she thought. She was dead! .
   As if to compound her problems, Claire got up and said;
"Good afternoon sir." And then proceeded to introduce everyone.
Her mother turned to her and smiled with a mischievous twinkle in her eyes.
"Cassie, you never told me you had a very handsome man as a boss. Why, he even caught you when you bumped into him. Oh what a very nice man."
Cassie flushed with embarrassment. She had been too shocked to notice his hands hold her waist when they bumped. Her mother seemed not to notice as she extended her hand and said;
"Hello there, I am Evelyn, Cassie's mother."
"I'm Calvin Carter it's nice to meet you ma'm." He said smiling.
"So" Evelyn said her eyes staring at Calvin with the look Cassie knew all too well- "the assessment of a prospective husband"
"How old are you."
"Twenty-seven, ma'm."
"Ah, quite nice, just four years older than my daughter."
Cassie groaned inside. She had to save herself from further embarrassment. So, with her cheeks tomato red, she said;
"Mom, I think I should go get the snacks."
She turned swiftly in order to for stall any argument and quickly get away. Well, unfortunately luck wasn't on her side as she tripped over a pile of sand.
        As she fell, Calvin reacted with the speed of lightening he hadn't known he had and caught Cassie around the waist again, then lifted her from her near fall and placing her on her feet with his hand lingering on her bare back, enjoying the feeling of her bare skin against his palm. The red colour on Cassie's check seemed to spread over her face, making her look even prettier.
     Evelyn, apparently enjoying her daughter's discomfort said;
"Well, Mr. Calvin, you seem so well suited with my daughter. I hope she is an efficient personal assistant."
Cassie cleared her throat and excused herself making sure not to trip again. Calvin immediately missed holding her. What was wrong with him? He had to get back to work. Yes!,perfect plan. He excused himself from the group and went to inform his family that he was going back to work. He desperately hoped that on Monday wouldn't be awkward for Cassie and him. He headed back to the office to get his mind off his troubles.

***********************
      Who does he think he is? Cassie thought angrily as she walked to get more snacks. What was he thinking when he answered those embarrassing questions mom asked, and what did he think I will feel when he held me by the waist just because he's powerful doesn't mean he should lift me off the ground. She shook the thought off and decided not to allow Calvin destroy her day as he did other work days. She was determined to have fun for that day and the next because Monday was going to be a very awkward.