Chapter 1

Cassie Willson woke up by the sound of her alarm clock ringing,she turn the alarm off and went to the bathroom to have a hot shower , to get ready for her first day of work in Carter's Industries as a personal assistant to Mr. Calvin Carter's. She was a little nervous because it was her first time working in such a big company. It was already 6:20am when she came out of the bathroom and she hurriedly wear a white blouse, black pencil skirt and black heels. She applied some makeup and let her curly hair down. By the time she got ready it was already 6:40am and her work starts by 7:30am. So she has 50 minutes to get to work. She went downstairs and saw her mom making breakfast.

"Good morning mom, what are you making for breakfast ".

"Morning sweetie I made pancakes. You woke up early today what happened".

"Well I got a new job at Carter's Industries ".

"That's good news! So my daughter  is now working for a big company in town. I'm so happy for you Cassie."

"Thanks mom".

"I hope I hear another good news tomorrow morning that you are going to get married soon".

"Mom".

"What? You are 23 and you should be married by now, and also I want a grandchild as soon as possible".

"Ok mom, can I have my breakfast now".

"Yes".

Cassie quickly ate her breakfast while thinking about when her mom and dad got divorced.
It was so heartbreaking seeing her mom cry, and hated her father for what he did. It was her 13th birthday on February 13th and her dad filed a divorce saying that he was tired of her mom, she was so hurt that she signed the divorce papers and cried all day because she loved my dad so much but he broke her heart. And now she has heart problem. This made Cassie not to love or trust anybody because she thinks love is a stupid feeling. And never had a boyfriend because she hates love stories and also because her mom and dad love story didn't end well. Her thoughts were cut short when her mom told her she was late for work. She looked at the time and it was 7:00am she quickly peck her mom and said goodbye to her.