Chapter 8

On Monday morning Cassie got dressed for work, determined to go early in order to avoid Mr. Carter. It was 7:00am and she was already making coffee for Mr. Carter after dropping off her bag at her office. She walked briskly into the office after knocking and put the coffee on his table muttered a "good morning sir" and walked out of the office just as quickly as she came.

     ***********************
Calvin wondered why Cassie walked out of the office so quickly as if she were being chased. It was as if she didn't want to see him and she didn't even bother asking him if he needed her to bring or look through any file. He had a feeling that, she was avoiding him because of what happened at the beach. A smile formed on his lips remembering how smooth her skin felt against his palm. What was wrong with him? He had to concentrate on his work. Women had no place and would never have any place in his heart. He had other things to think about like the meeting he had with the C.E.O of Kyle incorporations in a few hours on the business offer he was proposing. This was the offer of a lifetime and he had better not blow it. He worked for a for hours and went home to freshen up for the meeting.

************************
Cassie was proud of herself for being able to avoid Mr. Carter throughout the day. It was quit a hectic day because she had lot of files piled up on her table and was busy arranging the files she had looked through. After some hours after lunch when she was done with her work, she received a call from Mr.Carter.
"Miss Willson, come to the parking lot, we have a meeting to attend." He said with a cold voice.
"Ok sir." She hang up and pack her things and went to the parking lot. She saw him standing close to his car. She slowly walked towards him. He turned around and both their eyes meet and he continued staring her, until he heard her voice
"Sir, are you alright?" She asked. He noticed how close they were "Get in the car" he said softly and averted his eyes to his phone he had been holding.

          At the meeting Cassie, was so nervous because she had never been at an official meeting before. The man, Mr. Kyle was an intimidating man, though Mr. Carter seemed unperturbed by his structure. After talking and negotiating for about three hours, they finally stood up and shook hands. Then Mr. Kyle said
"Mr. Carter, I have one last proposition for you. Why don't we go for a walk , your secretary could take the remaining few hours off and go home."
   Cassie was about to object, but quickly stopped herself when Mr. Carter agreed. So she took her hand bag, stood and walked home. All the while wondering what was so private that it couldn't be discussed in her presence. "Oh well" she thought. "All's well that end well."

****************************
"So, Mr. Carter, the proposition I have for you is a bit complicated though it is quite simple. I happen to be getting quite old and having no heir. I do not however wish to have one considering that we have been partners for quite sometime, I have decided to no longer be a partner with you. I have decided to give the company worldwide and it's investment for only three hundred dollars."
Calvin looked at the man, surprised in his eyes, Mr. Kyle stared back, then smiled and said.
"But only on one condition of course, you didn't think I would give my worldwide company along with it's investments for only three hundred dollars, did you? I have to be sure you can handle it through trying times. So therefore, I have summarized it into a simple term."
Calvin asked "what is it, sir?" , he had to be respectful and cautious of this man for he was enough to be his father.
"Simple! Get a wife."

Please vote and comment for more chapter.