14- "You'll know where to find me" pt. 2

Hope you enjoy pt 2!! <3

before you start I just wanted to quickly thank you all for 10K+ READS!! AAAAAAAA TYSM ^^

ps: I made this whilst listening to the I saw the Light soundtrack so, if it's bad, then it's Tom Hiddleston's fault for having such a gorgeous voice.

Loki unconsciously played with your hair whilst you were slowly falling asleep to the sound of his voice. It didn't last very long though, he soon put the book on the bedside table and looked down at you.
"Why did you stop?" The words came out of your mouth before you could stop them but everything seemed so familiar, like you've experienced this moment before.
"Because I have a question for you." You couldn't help but get lost in his gorgeous eyes.
"What is it?" You muttered, closing your eyes but he put his hand on your chin and raised your head gently. You moved away slightly but shook you until you looked up at him with your full attention.
"Y/N!" He said, his voice suddenly harsh, not sounding like himself.
"Y/N? Y/N! Y/N wake up!" Thor was practically shaking you awake. "Did you forget? You're watching after Loki today."
"What?" You waited until your eyes adjusted to the light to speak again. "No, no, no, that's impossible. Today's my day off?" You checked your phone, only to find that you had, in fact set a reminder that you were on 'Loki patrol' today. "Ugh, hang on, let me get dressed and I'll be right down. Thor nodded curtly and left your room.
You had specific armour picked out for every day that you watched over Loki and it may or may not have been the best, cleanest and nicest outfit you had. While you changed, your thoughts trailed off to the dream you'd been having nearly every night after that time with Loki. You could never forget that night, not because you two did the dirty or anything, but because you realised he had feelings for you. And, whether you wanted to admit it or not, you had feelings for him as well. Every morning after you had the dream, you wondered if Loki had already forgotten about it and moved on, you hoped he didn't of course; but you couldn't shake that thought at the back of your head that he was only leading you on, and that he didn't actually feel that way about you.
Your thoughts were interrupted by an irritated Thor banging on your door to see if you were ready yet.
"IM COMING!" You quickly grabbed the rest of your things and opened the door.
"Ah very good, I see you are actually coming today."
"Very funny." You rolled your eyes and followed after him.

*****

Loki was already awake and reading by the time you had gotten there and the night shift guard was giving you the dirtiest look you've ever seen. So you were an hour and a half late, it wasn't your fault: you had to eat breakfast. As he was walking past he muttered, 'I'm surprised you're not fired yet.'
Clearly Loki heard him because he waved his hand and the guard tripped on something you couldn't see. Loki smiled in satisfaction. You giggled in appreciation and stuffed the rest of your sandwich in your mouth. He went back to his book and you search your mind for things to say to him but nothing seemed to enter. SAY SOMETHING! LITERALLY ANYTHING!
"What book are you reading?" You said abruptly, slightly startling him.
"Just some stuff about astronomy, my mother gave me some books on it." He smiled at you and, for the first time in ages, you felt like the person who you were talking to actually respected you and didn't see you as a burden or an issue or annoying.
"That's nice, do you-?"
"DONT TALK TO THE PRISONER!" You were interrupted by another guard hissing at you and shooting a dirty look to Loki. He immediately went back to his book, clearly hurt.

*****

The next few hours were spent in an out of conversation with Loki, when you could anyway. When you were coming back from your lunch break, you managed to slip into the kitchen and get him a cupcake with dark green and black frosting and you've probably never seen him happier.
As you were about to leave, a siren suddenly went off, causing you to stumble and nearly fall back. You knew that siren; that was the lockdown siren. The only time you've ever heard it before was when you were a little girl and it was just after your parents had left you with Frigga and Odin for that "long trip" that they never returned from <3.
~FLASHBACK~
"Come here Y/N, everything's going to be fine." Frigga pulled you closer towards her and Loki. "Thor! Come in here right now!" She opened the door to room surrounded by guards and, as soon as all of you were in, you heard it lock from the other side.
You started crying and Loki came closer to you. "Here, take this." He handed you a teddy bear with a helmet with golden horns. "It helps me when I'm upset." You thanked him and hugged it so tight that you thought it was going to burst.
So there you were, Frigga, her two sons and you, a 7 year old girl who was praying that her parents were going to break down the door in the hope that you were ok.

That's all you remembered of course. You hurried into Loki's cell and locked it again, and just in time because part of the ceiling crumbled down on the spot that you were stood a second ago. You breathed out in relief and were about to say something when you heard a crash from the floor above you.
"Don't look so worried darling, you'll be completely safe if stay here with me." He smirked and you rolled your eyes.
"That would be a lot more convincing if all the other guards hadn't just evacuated the cells they were supposed to be protecting." You looked around and one of them came up to Loki's cell and shouted 'YOU STAY WITH THIS PRISONER!' You muttered 'gladly' quietly to yourself.
"'The Prisoner' that's my name now." Loki scoffed. "That's what everyone refers to me. Nobody calls me by my name anymore. Everybody treats me so different, as if I'd done something horrible." He held up a finger when he saw you were about to remind him of the reason he came down to Earth in the first place.
"Not everybody calls you that you know. I don't. Frigga doesn't. Thor doesn't."
"Well what good does that do if Odin still sees me as unworthy."
"So? Who cares if that stupid old man thinks you're not good enough to pick up some hammer?" He laughed at you calling Odin a 'stupid old man'.
Another crash startled you and you tripped and nearly fell but Loki caught you at the last second. He looked down at you and smiled. "It's ok, it was just another crash, like I said- you'll be safe here."
"Right, with you." You whispered as you got your balance back. His arms slowly slipped away from around you but you stopped him from pulling away any further. Before you could kiss him, you heard Friggas voice from behind you and your heart dropped.
"I always knew you two would get together." Loki rushed to hug her.
"Mother, what are you doing here? It's not safe, you need to get back to Thor!" As happy as he was to see his mother, you could hear the worry in his voice for her safety.
"Relax, Loki." Her illusion shone a greenish colour. "I'm upstairs with Jane, as Thor asked me to, but I just had to see if you were ok.
"Yes, we're fine, and thank you for coming but you really need to be careful."
"Yes I know Loki. Stay safe ok? I love you." She kissed him on his forehead.
"I love you too, come back when it's safe." She smiled through tears and her illusion faded away. Although he did not know it yet, that was the last time Loki was going to speak to his mother, but at least he would always know that their relationship ended on a positive note.

*****
It had been an hour since the alarm went off but crashes and booms still kept coming from all around. Clearly, Loki had seen that you were getting nervous because he walked over and sat down next to you. He waves his hands and there appeared a small teddy bear with a helmet with golden horns. He handed it to you and your vision was suddenly blurry from the tears in your eyes.
You thanked him but, this time, instead of hugging the teddy bear you hugged Loki and as you sat there, in each other's embrace, he whispered to you, "Everything's going to be ok, I promise. We're gonna make it out of this and we're gonna live a wonderful life together. That is, after I escape from this cell of course." You laughed and looked up at him.
There it was again: the tension. The tension that had appeared everything you and Loki got this close. The two sides of your mind battling against each other, one of them saying do it. Kiss him. And the other warning you not to. Don't do it. It'll wreck your friendship.
Clearly, Loki's mind was going through the same because, when he looked at you, he eyes kept going back and forth from your eyes to your lips, but he, obviously, could not control it; one of his arms went up to your neck and pulled you closer to him so that your lips connected once again. The other stayed at your waist to ensure that you weren't going to pull away. Both the voices in your head suddenly shut up to watch the miracle that was happening, one of them in defeat, the other in success.
Then, of course, all the lights had to turn on and the other guards had to come rushing in. You stood up before anybody could see you.
"Well, that means it's safe for me to go. I'll be leaving now. Okay, that's me leaving. Goodbye y-your highness?"
"Heheh, well you'll know where to find me darling." He winked and you thought you were gonna die, right there on the spot. You nodded and left.

YALL- I'm so sorry for taking this long but I have half term now so that means more stories 😩